1/32 FW 190 checker nose appraisal

Common price would be around $40, or maybe $50 if it is still sealed, plus $10 for shipping. The best price I've paid for one of these '190A kits was $30 last year. I regularly see them for sale around $60, but they don't move fast at that price.

HTH,

D

7 minutes ago, D Bellis said:

Common price would be around $40, or maybe $50 if it is still sealed, plus $10 for shipping. The best price I've paid for one of these '190A kits was $30 last year. I regularly see them for sale around $60, but they don't move fast at that price.

HTH,

D

Thanks D!

One went on ebay for $90 a short while ago but most 190s sell at about $40 (if that) but not this boxing.

Its a really great kit considered by most to be the best in scale. Hasegawa releases them from time-to-time with different markings, or some additional detail parts or even figures (Herman Graf's kit with his figure tends to fetch into the $70's and upwards into the late $90's depending of course. Walter Nowotny's is ridiculously priced in my opinion). There are a few releases out there so its not a rare kit or all that hard to find. As "D Bellis" alluded to above, with the plethora of excellent aftermarket decals out there most builders I think aim for the cheapest available Hasegawa kit (the "Special Releases" are more for the collectors then the builders in my opinion). I built an older version/boxing of the Hasegawa kit moons ago and remember it to be hassle free, fun, and pretty well detailed straight OOB. Your kit originally sold for between $40-$45 (without shipping) back when it was released. I've seen it sold in the past for prices ranging between $40 and $60ish (with shipping included and without...depends on the seller). But...and despite it being a different version...Revell kind of diluted the 1/32 market with this kit:

1-HN-Ac-Revell-Focke-Wulf-Fw190F8-1.32.jpg

While not as detailed as the Hasegawa Focke Wulf's and with a few minor issues here and there they are WAY WAY cheaper ($25ish dollars with free shipping from places like Amazon).  I haven't built mine yet but I think its an absolute steal for $25 shipped! Just guessing, but I think its affected what people are willing to spend on the Hasegawa kit because they can now get a really decent 190 kit in the Revell offering and have lots of money left over for the usual aftermarket goodies.

TLDR version: Depending on the condition (sealed vs opened) I'd start it at somewhere between $35-$45 with whatever your shipping charges are and see what happens. Hopefully there will be a bidding war and you can reap the benefits. Want to sell it fast...make it "Buy it now" and free shipping somewhere in the $50ish or range. Just my two cents.

HTH and good luck!

Regards,

Don.

I bought the Revell F8 kit on a whim (I like ground attack aircraft). Took it home and promptly compared it with the Hasegawa A8 kit. Then jumped in the car and ordered three more kits. The Hasegawa was inferior in more ways than the Hasegawa was better. Plus not as accurate (if your a serious FW nut). Now I have roughly 8 Hasegawa kits in my stash (maybe closer to 10). Now around here a sealed Hasegawa A8 kit will burn you for about $75, while the Revell kit goes for $29. Like my dealer said; "there's a lot of whining and crying going on."

gary

2 hours ago, TaiidanTomcat said:

Thanks for your input everyone! Appreciate you taking the time, and I didn't realize the Revell kit was so G2G

the Revell kit is pretty much a very accurate clone of the FW190f8 in the NASM in D.C.  They have an A8 coming out very soon if not out already (have not seen the kit in the flesh).

I have two Hasegawa A8's and will keep them, but will also buy at least two of the Revell kits. I really hope they make a move down the ladder to the A3 or even the A5's (by the way my favorite Hasegawa kit period). Still I'm eagerly waiting to see what ZM gives us in the future.

gary