The end of the day - Feierabend - we are done

Gents, the GB is over, thank you all for joining and beeing a virtual group with a spirit of good camaraderie. Soon we will let you know the winners of the GB price raffle. 

At the moment i have problems to use internet as my computer refuses to work since a few days and to get it fixed during next week. So please have patience and stay tuned.

Meanwhile great kudos go out to my gorgeous co-mods crazy snap captain and Kurt H.!!!!!

fantastic job, dudes,

Edited by tobiK

Thanks for hosting this wonderful GB! With a recently finished Tornado and andother one waiting I´d favored if the GB would extend another 6 months, but the rules have to be kept!

Regeln sind Regeln! ;)

HAJO

Thank you very much. The build was very much fun, even though I had a longer period of not being able to do some modelling during the summer, as every year. But I could make up for that lost time during the last three weeks. I really would love to see the two Tornados whenever they are finished.

Thanks to tobiK, Snap Crazy Captain, and Kurt H for hosting this! Some fine builds were completed here. :cheers:

I had seen the F-4F scheme that I built at various times over the past couple of year, and this GB was just what I needed to bring it all together. I love that model in my display case!

Edited by dnl42

It was fun to work with you all and make new friends.  

It was also interesting to build a model depicting a country other than the United States, and learn about the history of the modern Luftwaffe and Marineflieger.   Lots of cool paint schemes, and a good variety of aircraft. I think I will build more Modern Luftwaffe subjects in the future, lots of cool paint schemes.

I hope we can do it again some time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

During the last time it was quiet here but it does not mean that the mods have not been busy in the background. Well, only me and Kurt H. had conversation. No idea where CrazySnap Captain is now...cast away? 100% busy in job and family? I hope he is fine and just too busy due to real life not to go online in the ARC forum. Anybody else had contact with him lately?

Before I post the guys who win the one other price here, let me say sorry for the delay. But better late than never!?

Let's begin with our fellow modeller PHANTOM! His name is programm and so he finished several phabulous Phantoms in Luftwaffe colors here. As a real Phantom Phan we have some real "phantomesque" goodies for him:

1 decal sheet from airdoc in 1/48 for all the Norm72 stenciling for a RF-4E (donated from our fellow dude "Goggo" here)

1 T-Shirt from JG 71 Phantom Fly-out

1 Coffee mug from the same event

aaaaannnndddd....something for the ears! So you can rock the neighbours ;-)

Please let me know your T-shirt size to put the right one into the parcel for you.

I stay with Phantoms...SabreFan made a gorgeous RF-4E (and a Sabre, too - nomen est omen!).

So for SabreFan a book from DACO: "uncovering the F-104 Starfighter" and a airdoc decal sheet for 1/48 A-7 Corsairs from US Navy.

Next, our "dnl42" gets also the DACO starfighter book aaaandddd a JG 71 T-shirt (same question to you: let me know your T-Shirt size!)

Our fast and busy HAJO gets a small kit: the MQ-9 Reaper from Skunkmodels in 1/100  (crazy scale...but HAJO seams to like small kits!?) AND a Eurofighter keyholder. So now you can become a real "key account manager" ;-)

Greetings around the globe to Java to LIFELINE! Thanks for the sweet Seaking helo - for you the stunning DACO Starfighter book! (I think it is in good hands there and you great guys in Indonesia may get some inspirations for 104 futuretime projects. In Peter's shop there are still plenty Zippers in the racks ;-)

LANCER 512, the unbeaten master of metallic colors! One more DACO book goes out to you....and yes, let me know your T-shirt size. It is your fault that you made a Phantom! ;-)

SU27 the Gina man: maybe nexttime the Zipper man? A DACO "uncovering the F-104 Starfighter" book will come to your house! ...

Mike Idacavage can build a 1/48 A-7E soon...at least because he gets an airdoc decal sheet for low-viz Corsairs. And second a EF-2000 keyholder.

The big scale EF-2000 man GOGGO, sorry, We will pump up your stash and add a SPECIAL HOBBY 1/48 F-86K "Sabre dog". There is also a nice EF-2000 patch for you (you can put it near your cyber tiger).

And last we have a modeller who gets the pitchman price: SWBAILEY from Texas who got a flooded house some weeks ago. That caused him not only the loss of some models but also additional work, stress and lack of sleep etc. The shipping costs for an inflatable raft is hard to afford, sorry.

But I have a nice book from DACO here: it is the "Eye on the Tiger" book that will travel to your home. 

OK, now do not hesitate to drop me messages and tell me your postal addresses (and T-shirt size - the ones who are naked until today).

Thanks for joining, it was fun, interesting and a fantastic group here!! 

Edited by tobiK

Wow!!!

On 10/11/2017 at 6:28 AM, tobiK said:

Greetings around the globe to Java to LIFELINE! Thanks for the sweet Seaking helo - for you the stunning DACO Starfighter book! (I think it is in good hands there and you great guys in Indonesia may get some inspirations for 104 futuretime projects. In Peter's shop there are still plenty Zippers in the racks ;-)

Thank you, guys! 

Thank you for organizing a great GB...

Congrats to all participants with fantastic projects (and colorful results too!) 

Cheers,

Mario

Indonesia

Meanwhile the T-shirt issue solved. So I will start to ship the boxes soon.

Still miss some feedback from a few price winners. Think I have to email them.

Edited by tobiK
  • 3 weeks later...

Hehe...seams when I am involved into a GB as co-mod or mod there are no loosers among the finishers!? So again this time: everybody who brought a finished model to the display case gets a price and moreover, an extra price for a GB member who got bad luck during that time.

A short update: almost all prices are shipped or handed out. Now Mike J. Idacavage and swbailey will be the next ones. Crazy Snap Captain has not given me any answer/reaction/mail. So I have no idea what's about him.

The price for lifeline: I will give it to him mid dec by myself.

(Just booked the flight ;-)