Hey ARC,

I figured I'd work on something while the filler on my Super Hornet dries. So, since rotary winged aircraft are allowed in this GB, I'll be trying to get a UH-34 built alongside my F-18E. 

d86RE4b.jpg

I'm planning on building my kit with the cargo door open, so I decided to paint up the inside with a little color. I don't know if the yellow egress markings were found on UH-34s, but I think it adds a little visual interest to the interior.

LX39zcL.jpg

Also, since the side door will be open, I used a few tape strips to build some netting to cover the open hatch at the back of the cargo hold. Again, not 100% accurate, but it gives the viewer something to look at.

KRhZa6x.jpg

That's all I've gotten done on my helo. I'm hoping to go back-and-forth between my builds. My goal is to work on one while I'm waiting on the other. 

Again, feel free to comment, question, and/or criticize. Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

-O

• 1 month later...

OK ARC, it's been a long while since I've been able to post some progress.  I haven't made much, but hey, every little bit is still progress.

So, I was able to get the cockpit and cargo area completed.  I used some paper and old PE buckles to make a few belts. I also painted and cut up some Band Aids to give the seats some texture.   Not 100% accurate, but it adds a bit visual interest.  

oBJHJi5.jpg

ymU4UjD.jpg

I cut the center pedestal down on the instrument panel because some dry fitting showed that the IP shroud interfered with the installation of the windscreen.

v6zTXxh.jpg

In this last picture, behind the cockpit assembly, you can see that I've scratched a simple roof for the cargo area. Without the roof, you can see up into the upper parts of the fuselage.  I figured the roof would eliminate that "see-through" aspect of the kit.

dZ7AS1W.jpg

I think the next step will be to close up the fuselage. 

Thanks for looking.  Feel free to share your comments, questions, or criticisms.

Cheers!

-O