1/144 Bombardier CRJ 100 Big Planes Kits

• 2 weeks later...

Nice progress but it looks like this one's a bit more of a bear, no?  Interesting parts breakdown.  Sorry to hear of the boo-boo on the engine face.  Keep it up, buddy.

On 24/09/2017 at 4:21 AM, Grandboof said:

Nice work Looking forward to more 

Martin H

Thanks Martin. Not having much fun with this one.

On 07/10/2017 at 1:12 PM, AX 365 said:

Nice progress but it looks like this one's a bit more of a bear, no?  Interesting parts breakdown.  Sorry to hear of the boo-boo on the engine face.  Keep it up, buddy.

You got that right! It is not easy, and airliner kits are really not my forté. Luckily, the engine face mistake doesn't show. I am using this kit as practice before my 1/72 Challenger 604, which is very similar (also by BPK).

There are a few things to correct with the paint along the joints of the transparencies. I have peeled off all the window masks here. 

StyS68D.jpg

I have glued on the engine tail pipes (painted with a shiny silver Krylon spray can). The Revell 1/144 Challenger is in the background.

o0r7VT8.jpg

This is what I used to add the silver on the cowl fronts, around the windshields/windows at the cockpit, and on the leading edges of the wings and tail.

1gtG9PZ.jpg

I have lost interest in this particular model. I chose the easiest scheme, Air France (overall white).

yDq1yug.jpg

The decals look really nice, but I had HUGE problems with them disintegrating. I used two coats of decal film, but it was too late for some of the decals.

PSH3HHN.jpg

Calling it done. Not happy with this one. The AIR FRANCE has shredded on this side, and is crooked on the other side. Every time I tried to adjust them, more flaked off... so I just left the stupid things alone. The learning has happened on this kit, and I am better armed to attack the Challenger.

aKGFGAT.jpg

HVg5c9y.jpg

ALF

On 13/10/2017 at 9:33 PM, Grandboof said:

Shame about the decals The rest looks great though  Is that a paint pen you used for the surrounds ?

Martin H

Yes it was, Martin. A silver liquid ink pen.

ALF