Hi all, 

Broke my Zvezda SU-33 canard and though I cemented it back on, I am looking for a more lasting fix, especially since I seem to bump it often. 

X1B9oRe.jpg 

I was thinking about drilling small holes in the airframe and canard and gluing a tiny metal rod in to better support the canard. Problem is I do not know where to begin fidning such a rod, especially given that something that small probably wouldn't support any better than plastic cement. 

Any suggestions are welcome. 

hi flyboy.

to me the metal rods solution looks really tricky. you would drill those fine holes that must be aligned on two surfaces...it sends shivers down my spine and make my stomach twitch...

i honestly suggest to use cyanoacrylate glue, a medium or even hi thickness one.

the thick cyanoacrylate cures more slowly and allows time to position correctly the piece.

you sure must have a firm hand while you keep the parts strongly pushed to each other because cyanoacrylate doesn't like shaky matchings...it simply doesn't stick.

you will have the seam lines protruding and to be sanded, and hardened c.a. is very hard.:rolleyes:

i wish you a slpendid solution to your problem.

best ciaos, and happy modeling!

bobo.

Two ways, 1. Drill the canard and LERX with a small bit & glue Evergreen rod of appropriate diameter.

2. Same as above but use thin piano wire or guitar string & CA .

I do all stabs &  canards this way regardless.

John

20 hours ago, Raptor01 said:

Two ways, 1. Drill the canard and LERX with a small bit & glue Evergreen rod of appropriate diameter.

2. Same as above but use thin piano wire or guitar string & CA .

I do all stabs &  canards this way regardless.

John

Forgive my ignorance here, but what is CA?