For some time now I am planning to build a support to be able to support the models, especially the planes, which will allow me to mount and paint them. Here I leave a basic idea that I have developed which is working very well although after going using it I am looking to make some modifications.
I would like you to tell me what you think the support, what improvements you would make and what support you usually use.
A greeting and I hope you like it

• 3 months later...

There are variations of this stand out there. They are generally made of wood with various ways of adjusting for size:

mvc-006s.jpg

0181637.jpg

jhm_4801_02.jpg

I have the 2nd (and 3rd) type above and love it. Works great for aircraft and ship modeling.

Regards,

Don.

I also use the same JH stands that Don uses for 1/48 & 1/72 scale aircraft.  they cost about $25 from UMM-USA and last a real long time with only moderate care, which is  basically cleaning off the rubber that you glue to the top of the supports to prevent scratching of a painted surface.  I've seen gone to using rigid foam insulation over the tops of the supports for painting as I can replace those pcs after ever session or model build as a 4 ft section costs about $1.  

I've also used a shoe box with the rigid foam attached to the 4 sides that works almost as well as the wood stands. 

Joel

Edited by Joel_W