Best PSI for Alclad

@admiralcag I have read good things about running it lower than recommended, I will start off at 15 and lower it I reckon.

@Cobus It does, but it recommends 15-20... a pretty generic figure. I've heard of people running it as low as 10 and getting good results.

@Spectre711 I was lucky enough to pick up a Badger 360, courtesy of a friendly forum member - so can run it as either. I think ideally it's suited to gravity-feed though? Does that sound similar to your experience?

I shoot Alcads  with a 14-16 psi straight out of the bottle.  As others have said, type of AB and compressor are both factors that need to be considered.  I'd test on a mule 1st to get your procedures down pat.

Joel

• 1 month later...

I buy 90% of my models and supplies from Sprue Brothers and ScaleHobbyist. com. They both carry a complete line of Alcad Metal finishes.   The service is both great and shipping is as fast as you can ever expect. I've never had a bottle of any paint or liquid come damaged. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the few times I've purchased items off of e bay.

Joel