CD72076 & CD72083 - 1/72 FJ-3 Fury

Just an observation but hardware (i.e., kits), makes software (i.e., decals) happen.

I'd love to see markings for all manner of F8U-1P and F8U-1 early versions. I'm not sure that conversions alone provide quite the same impetus, but i'd love to be proven wrong.

I have the Muroc Models F8U-1 conversions in both 72nd and 48th but at my glacial building pace we'll see injection molded versions before i ever get round to mine. Having said that,  I have no doubt that the folks at Sword are at least discussing early F8Us. Clearly its an under-served niche.....

As for me, i'm slowly plugging away at my Fisher RF-8G conversion. The conversion itself is great; its just i'm a slow builder and i've been distracted by another Tamiya F-14.....

-d-

yes,,,,,,RF-8s

and some early F-8A-D and H, K, L that Furball didn't cover

Possiblilties include

RF-8A USN and USMC , VFP and VCP, 61, 62 and 63, no fins or scoops (SS, GA, PP and RM tail codes)

RF-8A USMC with fins

RF-8G after upgrade, with fins,  but no rear scoops

RF-8G after upgrade, and after SLEP, with Scoops

I have three 1/72 RF-8 conversions,,,,,,,,but only one set of Wolfpak (US company) decals for one RF-8G

VF-91 doesn't have decals

VF-13 needs correct ones, either in the early AK days, or the F-8H AJ days

VF-84 needs "modern" decals

Reserves for F-8K and F-8L

DF-8A, DF-8F, DF-8L, are also some small nosed versions that could use some attention.

The single seat TF-8A and the F8U-1M too,,,,,,but, then you will get dozens of people saying that they didn't exist, lol.

I'd even break my own rule and take a photo from books and flood your inbox with these aircraft. (wouldn't be public posting, after all)

I believe that a fellow who may have been from, or was a representative for, Wolfpack (Korean kit maker, not the decal Wolfpak) had a list of planned subjects in 1/72 scale that included many "missing" subjects, and one of them was the RF-8. This was maybe three years ago. Also on that list was a T-38, and since they actually DID the T-38 in 1/48, I figured it would be a no brainer. But instead, Wolfpack has repackaged the inaccurate Italeri T-45, a nice repack of the Italeri CH-53E, and the Esci F-5A. Another juicy one from that list was an F-106, but then Meng came out with their kit, and then Trumpeter . . . .

On 10/2/2018 at 8:14 AM, Rex said:

Reserves for F-8K and F-8L

DF-8A, DF-8F, DF-8L, are also some small nosed versions that could use some attention.

Definitely DF-8s! Rex, have you seen the XtraDecals sheet with VF-302 markings for an F-8J? It’s quite an attractive scheme.

Yeah, I have that sheet

But, I went with the Phantom for that squadron.

The reason was that I have a lot of Phantom models in the stash, and I was trying to minimize the number of Crusaders that I will build.

• 1 month later...

How did you do that?

"the new ETA is somewhere around Nov 24"

I ask only because I was waiting for them to be in stock before ordering, I have other sheets that I intend to have him ship in the same package, to save him some postage costs.

51 minutes ago, Rex said:

How did you do that?

"the new ETA is somewhere around Nov 24"

I ask only because I was waiting for them to be in stock before ordering, I have other sheets that I intend to have him ship in the same package, to save him some postage costs.

CD72076 is in stock and he must have ordered that sheet alone. The other Fury sheet is delayed for a few days, but I hope to start shipping it early next week.

21 hours ago, AD-4N said:

Darn Kursad, I thought I was special.  You ruined it for me.  😉  Yep, ordered it alone.  

Of course you are - I just did not want the other folks who had been waiting for their decals to feel less special 🙂

I will soon enable preorders for the rest of the sheets in this batch - everything should be in house sometime next week.