ARC Discussion Forums
KursadA

CD72076 & CD72083 - 1/72 FJ-3 Fury

Just an observation but hardware (i.e., kits), makes software (i.e., decals) happen.

I'd love to see markings for all manner of F8U-1P and F8U-1 early versions. I'm not sure that conversions alone provide quite the same impetus, but i'd love to be proven wrong.

I have the Muroc Models F8U-1 conversions in both 72nd and 48th but at my glacial building pace we'll see injection molded versions before i ever get round to mine. Having said that,  I have no doubt that the folks at Sword are at least discussing early F8Us. Clearly its an under-served niche.....

As for me, i'm slowly plugging away at my Fisher RF-8G conversion. The conversion itself is great; its just i'm a slow builder and i've been distracted by another Tamiya F-14.....

-d-

yes,,,,,,RF-8s

and some early F-8A-D and H, K, L that Furball didn't cover

Possiblilties include

RF-8A USN and USMC , VFP and VCP, 61, 62 and 63, no fins or scoops (SS, GA, PP and RM tail codes)

RF-8A USMC with fins

RF-8G after upgrade, with fins,  but no rear scoops

RF-8G after upgrade, and after SLEP, with Scoops

I have three 1/72 RF-8 conversions,,,,,,,,but only one set of Wolfpak (US company) decals for one RF-8G

VF-91 doesn't have decals

VF-13 needs correct ones, either in the early AK days, or the F-8H AJ days

VF-84 needs "modern" decals

Reserves for F-8K and F-8L

DF-8A, DF-8F, DF-8L, are also some small nosed versions that could use some attention.

The single seat TF-8A and the F8U-1M too,,,,,,but, then you will get dozens of people saying that they didn't exist, lol.

I'd even break my own rule and take a photo from books and flood your inbox with these aircraft. (wouldn't be public posting, after all)

Didn't someone announce a 1/72 injected RF-8 Crusader a few years ago?

-Derek 

I believe that a fellow who may have been from, or was a representative for, Wolfpack (Korean kit maker, not the decal Wolfpak) had a list of planned subjects in 1/72 scale that included many "missing" subjects, and one of them was the RF-8. This was maybe three years ago. Also on that list was a T-38, and since they actually DID the T-38 in 1/48, I figured it would be a no brainer. But instead, Wolfpack has repackaged the inaccurate Italeri T-45, a nice repack of the Italeri CH-53E, and the Esci F-5A. Another juicy one from that list was an F-106, but then Meng came out with their kit, and then Trumpeter . . . .

On 10/2/2018 at 8:14 AM, Rex said:

Reserves for F-8K and F-8L

DF-8A, DF-8F, DF-8L, are also some small nosed versions that could use some attention.

Definitely DF-8s! Rex, have you seen the XtraDecals sheet with VF-302 markings for an F-8J? It’s quite an attractive scheme.

Yeah, I have that sheet

But, I went with the Phantom for that squadron.

The reason was that I have a lot of Phantom models in the stash, and I was trying to minimize the number of Crusaders that I will build.

On 10/2/2018 at 12:36 AM, Paul Boyer said:

...and one of them was the RF-8. . . 

Hoping Sword will get to the RF-8.

It was harder than I thought to choose which Fury sheet I wanted...  Choice is now made, pre-order sent it!

Thanks Kursad.

-Derek

Wasn't a hard decision for me at all! I'm buying both! The hard decision will be choosing which one to do first!😋