Colours for Su-35 camouflage

I am looking for any information about proper mix of paints for classical, 3-colours camouflage for Su-35 aircraft - colours from Gunze or Tamiya paints.

I know paints from Kitty Hawk instruction for their Su-35 kit:

- gray: Gunze C073

- light blue: C074

- blue: C072.

Additionally I know something from instruction for 1:72 Su-35 from Hasegawa:

- gray: Gunze C073

- light blue: 80% of C020 + 20% of C073

- blue: 90% of C073 + 10% of C065.

Which of above set of colousr is closest to originals, or mayby there is another set of paints or mixes?

Anyone could help?

35950788341_81a71f8597_b.jpg

hi solo.

i'm not familiar with gunze products.

all i can suggest is to go for MRP (mister paint), a new slovak company that has a terrific palette with every "right color" for all ussr/russian aircrafts.

it's a lacquer, and i am not fond of lacquers preferring water based acrylics, but MRP has really anything you need for eastern aircrafts.

an alternative on the acrylics side is the polish hataka who sells among others, a dedicated set for modern russian a/c.

let me make a disclaimer, though. i owe some MRP and hataka paints, bought in view of russky projects, but i never used them yet.

the reviews are very positive, mostly for MRP....pity it's a lacquer....

best ciaos and happy modeling.

bobo.

at the moment, as far as I can see, they have some basic Russian colours, as was shown on their FB page a few days ago , but possibly by now, they have added them to their main site under the AQUA label...

If they haven't then I can tell you the lacquers are the mutt's nuts... just remember to shake like hell, and no thinning needed...

http://mrpaint.sk/farby/Aqua colors

Edited by phantomdriver

thanks, phantomdriver. this is a very interesting info.

i hope that they'll go full throttle water acrylic!

sorry for the mutt's nuts, but lacquers stink, are toxic, need ventilation, are hard to correct if you make a mistake, and the list is long. by the way they're a pain in the a** to clean in the airbrush.

personal opinion, obviously...

i willl keep an eye on  mrp aqua.

best ciaos, and happy modeling!

bobo.

Thank you guys, but I know, have and use Mr. Paint lacquers.

Those are excellents paints but they don't have colours for Su-35 (soon they will going to launch such colours, but not now).

So I still need proper colours for this camouflage from Gunze or Tamiya palette.

Regarding water acrylic from Mr. Paint - as far as I know, they are going to launch full range of this paints in nearest future.

If purchasing the right colors is important to you (I have my areas of modeling OCD as well, just not with this) then by all means...  However, I've done a couple of very detailed and weathered Su-27 Flankers, and one thing I learned is that unless its basically a brand new aircraft/paint job you won't get "the look" you're after.  My best advice is to add a bunch of white to a light blue color, maybe a small amount of light grey too, if needed spray it in a "mottled" pattern over the whole fuselage, then do the same thing with the darker blue and grey color (just eyeball it) and spray those colors.  Now you have your "faded" base paint, and can "saturate" the areas with more color to suit your tastes.  The way I would do it, was then to spray fairly thinned whites for fading and bleaching effects, and various shades of light greys, blues, etc until you're satisfied.  Ultimately, since the Russian paint jobs weather so nicely you're probably going to want to do a lot of "misting" coats with the white to achieve the effect you're after.  Here's the article link to LSP.

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=2660