Special Scheme 4th FW F-15E

Wow!   I just saw this picture in social media of the 4th FW 75th Anniversary scheme on the F-15E!  Incredibly striking (get it?)!  There is a short video and a few more pics from this angle on the 916th ARW Facebook page.  Not sure if there are better walkaroubd pictures elsewhere yet.   

UPDATE: the 4th FW Facebook page now has a time lapse video posted showing the painting process- it's a fantastic scheme!

JyP1Trz.png

Update II

EHA206T.jpg

Steve

Edited by Falconxlvi
Additional info
41 minutes ago, ytsejam87 said:

Looks like a business opportunity, not just for decals, but possibly a resin update kit to make a modern USAF strike eagle!

Wolfpack design has a resin update for the Revellogram kit

WOlfpack update for Revellogram Beagle

Academy and Hasegawa have both updated their 90's F-15E tooling. Both kits have shortcomings, so "pick your own poison and proceed with care"

Academy's F-15E

Hasegawa'a F-15E

The most up-to-date 1/48th Beagle is the GWH kit, but it's the F-15I version and must be modified. A not very difficult task, IMHO

GWH F-15I

Of course, no one has already designed the decals

thank you for the info!  I failed to mention "a business opportunity to make a current revellogram USAF SE". Frankly,  I have stopped searching for wolfpack "not in stock" items months ago.  I even reached out via email to them enquiring about this, as well as other "not in stock" items, late last year, and have not heard back from them.  

Greatwalls kit looks fantastic, but at a price point I am unwilling to invest, given my current skill set!  It is a lot easier making mistakes on a $15.00(US) kit versus a over $100(US) kit!  Perhaps I will be up for that level of investment soon.

4 hours ago, caiotfjr said:

Wolfpack design has a resin update for the Revellogram kit

WOlfpack update for Revellogram Beagle

Academy and Hasegawa have both updated their 90's F-15E tooling. Both kits have shortcomings, so "pick your own poison and proceed with care"

Academy's F-15E

Hasegawa'a F-15E

The most up-to-date 1/48th Beagle is the GWH kit, but it's the F-15I version and must be modified. A not very difficult task, IMHO

GWH F-15I

Of course, no one has already designed the decals

I built the GWH kit as my old jet at SJ.  I can't remember any modifications needed.  The only thing that wasn't corret were the wheels.  Besides that and a couple things that were not quite accurate, it was good.

18 hours ago, BoeingDriver said:

I built the GWH kit as my old jet at SJ.  I can't remember any modifications needed.  The only thing that wasn't corret were the wheels.  Besides that and a couple things that were not quite accurate, it was good.

The left rear wso wall is different as well as the canopy accuator area if funky looking. And tires. Be careful the air intake ramps fit is off (too big). But the GWH kit is nice. I have a couple (ok, more than a couple) but i still prefer the revell-o-gram kit. 

5 hours ago, adamitri said:

The left rear wso wall is different as well as the canopy accuator area if funky looking. And tires. Be careful the air intake ramps fit is off (too big). But the GWH kit is nice. I have a couple (ok, more than a couple) but i still prefer the revell-o-gram kit. 

Yeah, you're right about those, but still no serious mods IMO.  You really can't see in the backseat or the actuator well.

Edited by BoeingDriver