It will be interesting to see if these actually get bought by the US Army.  Right now, they are just being marketed as an option.  I don't see what advantage they offer over the standard 2 hardpoint ESSS that are already in the inventory.

They do look very similar to the resin ones in the 1/35 Academy Blue Hawk Hong Kong SAR kit.

d2efe2652417391c36ff59f9fe3dc576.image.8

58 minutes ago, HeavyArty said:

I don't see what advantage they offer over the standard 2 hardpoint ESSS that are already in the inventory.

I think the primary advantage is that they weigh significantly less than the ESSS rig.  

2 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

It will be interesting to see if these actually get bought by the US Army.  Right now, they are just being marketed as an option.  I don't see what advantage they offer over the standard 2 hardpoint ESSS that are already in the inventory.

They do look very similar to the resin ones in the 1/35 Academy Blue Hawk Hong Kong SAR kit.

d2efe2652417391c36ff59f9fe3dc576.image.8

Gino, do you have a link to that model. love to see the build. you don't happen tom have a extra copy of the instruction booklet to build the flare on the tail by any chance? if so , can u post a photo on how to put them together. Thanks

Unfortunately, it is not my model.  I just searched for it on the web.  I also don't have access to my instruction sheets as I am in the middle of a move and all my models are in packed up.  This site has full scans of the MH-60L instructions that may help.  http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10113079

Edited by HeavyArty

Gino, You might want to read this again. 

Unitech Composites delivered the first production shipset of Multi-Station Lightweight Armament Support Structure (MLASS) wings for use on the U.S. Army’s MH-60M aircraft. This is the first of nine shipsets that will be delivered to the U.S. Army Special Operations Forces Support Activity (SOFSA

I take it that this is a production shipment and not a marketing option.

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench
5 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

Unfortunately, it is not my model.  I just searched for it on the web.  I also don't have access to my instruction sheets as I am in the middle of a move and all my models are in packed up.  This site has full scans of the MH-60L instructions that may help.  http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10113079

this helps a lot, Thank so much Gino. I appreciate you taking the time to do this.