Best 1/72 F-15E Strike Eagle kit?

I would say the new Academy press-fit kit. However, it does not have an openable canopy, and the treatment of the afterburner detail and landing-gear oleos is rather basic. Hasegawa FINALLY upgraded their kit with the proper pylons and other details, but you have to be careful which box to buy that has the latest upgrades.

Here is another link for a post which also compared Academy's and GWH's mudhens. GWH has more options in terms positionable parts including rudders, flaps, canopy and better PW nozzle details. Academy's kit is known to have been engineered based on the McDonnell Douglas' data so its overall shape can be more accurate. It also has more detailed panel lines and rivet details on surface. However, It does not offer a variety of options as GWH (e.g., canopy is one-piece). Also, many parts are simplified including a one-piece PW nozzle with extremely lame details. 

Edited by not2p
On 9/17/2017 at 7:48 AM, not2p said:

Here is another link for a post which also compared Academy's and GWH's mudhens. GWH has more options in terms positionable parts including rudders, flaps, canopy and better PW nozzle details. Academy's kit is known to have been engineered based on the McDonnell Douglas' data so its overall shape can be more accurate. It also has more detailed panel lines and rivet details on surface. However, It does not offer a variety of options as GWH (e.g., canopy is one-piece). Also, many parts are simplified including a one-piece PW nozzle with extremely lame details. 

All of those airplanes we had in the squadron and 1674 gets most of the love :closedeyes:

4 hours ago, tko24 said:

Thanks for all the responses. I didn't realize GWH was making 1/72 kits now. I normally build aircraft "in flight" with a seated pilot or pilots, so a one piece canopy doesn't bother me.

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/aca12550.htm