Does anyone know if the Academy 1/48 MH-53 can be converted to CH-53E? I have a friend and his wife who both recently retired USMC as 53 pilots... wanted to build them a desk model of helo they flew. I'm thinking one half of the helo in each of their aircraft markings😁

Im not familiar with either of these kits..

Any info would be appiciated.. can't believe the prices some are asking for the Academy 1/48 CH-53E😳 I get its discontinued but $800.00 plus.... I don't think so!!

Respectfully, 

Bob

A few things, that eBay post is for 4 kits not 1 but $200 is still a bit much.

Not an expert but as I recall the main difference between the CH and MH is the larger fuel tanks on the MH. Academy uses three parts to build the tanks. I am not sure if you could get away with just scratching the side and top part and be done. At one point I had both kits, I will look and see if I still do have them and if that is possible. 

How much display area do these people have as this kit is pretty big, though your idea is great. I say also consider 1/72 but the Italeri kit also seems to be out of production but you might want to search for a second hand one of those too.

Hello

I am not sure if this helps? But Metro Hobbies in Australia have the Academy MH-53E. They are usually pretty good at keeping what's on line & what's in stock accurate. But if you have doubts. I am more then happy to have a look & confirm it's there. Hope this helps? Thanks

Ash

15 hours ago, Tank said:

A few things, that eBay post is for 4 kits not 1 but $200 is still a bit much.

Not an expert but as I recall the main difference between the CH and MH is the larger fuel tanks on the MH. Academy uses three parts to build the tanks. I am not sure if you could get away with just scratching the side and top part and be done. At one point I had both kits, I will look and see if I still do have them and if that is possible. 

I could only find the Ch so I can't do the comparison of the tanks

for you.

I agree with Rcaffan, 1/72 kits are rare like hens teeth.

32 minutes ago, Tank said:

I could only find the Ch so I can't do the comparison of the tanks

for you.

I agree with Rcaffan, 1/72 kits are rare like hens teeth.

Tank, 

you don't by chance wish wish to sell or trade for that CH, do you? 😂🤣

Thanks for looking!👍🏽

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:41 PM, silva963 said:

Does anyone know if the Academy 1/48 MH-53 can be converted to CH-53E? I have a friend and his wife who both recently retired USMC as 53 pilots... wanted to build them a desk model of helo they flew. I'm thinking one half of the helo in each of their aircraft markings😁

Im not familiar with either of these kits..

Any info would be appiciated.. can't believe the prices some are asking for the Academy 1/48 CH-53E😳 I get its discontinued but $800.00 plus.... I don't think so!!

Respectfully, 

Bob

somewhere I have an Academy MH53 in my stash. Have not looked at it in years, but could be talked into a trade. What I really wanted was a Jolly Green Giant.

gary

• 3 weeks later...