F-15 Advanced modified build.... Is it doable?

You could modify the F/A-18 LAU-115 dual AMRAAM launchers available from Attack squadron and probably get something close.

lHVyLa7.png

You would have to scratch build the quad launcher out of two of them.   1/48 AMRAAMs are available in 2 packs from Eduard or I think you get 6 of them in the newest Hasegawa weapons set.  It would be a cool project!

Steve

Edited by Falconxlvi
1 hour ago, Falconxlvi said:

You could modify the F/A-18 LAU-115 dual AMRAAM launchers available from Attack squadron and probably get something close.

lHVyLa7.png

You would have to scratch build the quad launcher out of two of them.   1/48 AMRAAMs are available in 2 packs from Eduard or I think you get 6 of them in the newest Hasegawa weapons set.  It would be a cool project!

Steve

Thinking about it for sure. Prob worth doing in 1:48, and I could scratch build the quad launcher out of two of these guys. Then just gotta figure out the double AMRAAM pylons on the underside but again, scratch build something and glue em on. 

6 hours ago, Camus272 said:

The Hasegawa Weapons E kit has four of the dual launchers and 8 AMRAAMS, so two of the kits would do it, and you would get the other weapons as well. The pylon looks like a pretty standard E long pylon, so I don't think it would take much work.

Just looked on Hasegawas website. Looks like E only comes with 4 AMRAAMs. Which at $27 a pop, would make this an extremely expensive venture. Wonder if i could but one of those weapon sets, and copy/cast them in resin to duplicate the rest of the 16? Would be time consuming and tricky, but much less expensive than buying many weapon packs. 

17 minutes ago, Flyboy3394 said:

Just looked on Hasegawas website. Looks like E only comes with 4 AMRAAMs. Which at $27 a pop, would make this an extremely expensive venture. Wonder if i could but one of those weapon sets, and copy/cast them in resin to duplicate the rest of the 16? Would be time consuming and tricky, but much less expensive than buying many weapon packs. 

Now I am wrong. On a couple of the sites to buy E, it shows 8 missiles. 

Pricing this out with a Great Wall F15c as the base aircraft, and adding up everything as follows. 

- GWH F15c: $82

-2x Hasegawa Weapon E packs @ 20 a pop: $40

-2x Attack Squadron LAU115/127 dual launcher kits: $17

-a burner f15e kit to pull FAST packs/CFTs from: $30

Total: +/-$173 bucks 

Gotta find a less expensive way. Obviously the kit can be interchanged. But I hear its the best f15c in 1/48