1/32 Scale Trumpeter A-4E Scooter

I made a switch to 1/32 scale aircraft about a year ago from 1/48 scale. My 1st build was the Trumpeter F4F-3 Wildcat, then my next build was the Trumpeter Douglas A-4E Scooter.  IMHO, one of Trumpy's better kits. The build took a solid 6 months working on the average of 16-20 per week mostly because I'm a real slow builder, but ended up detailing, adding, and correcting as needed.

q1fbR4.jpg

uhpsb3.jpg

F6ylnu.jpg

vvXfls.jpg

vqTtN7.jpg

lpVgx6.jpg

fx2sM4.jpg

F35t2z.jpg

Part 2 will have some detail pics

thanks for looking,

Joel

Part 2: some details

Bomb Loads with fuses added

pA9f30.jpg

hVoRSg.jpg

ch4TjW.jpg

Front Wheel strut assembly. Details added are the brake line, bracket, and tube that the line runs through

nWbXNx.jpg

Qiutjh.jpg

Main wheel strut assembly: lead brake line added, and support straps added.

Bt5K3Q.jpg

The biggest challenge to correct was the leading edge slate steps. Trumpeter copied the Hasegawa 1/48 scale kit with the step so that if you wanted to close the slates you could and have a smooth transition, but in reality, there wasn't any. So using various widths and thicknesses of plastic sheet and bondo, I reshaped the leading edge to remove the step and keep the same profile.

bsRnAU.jpg

There's quite a lot of added details and corrections like using a wing tank  modified to a centerline tank

XGN6CM.jpg

CloMwj.jpg

Joel

JA

Outstanding Scooter. The weathering is brilliantly done, loads look fantastic and what a way to get back in the saddle on ARC.

I'll be hanging out on ARC with you and will be starting a build thread this weekend of my own. Just have to remember how to do things :thumbsup:

Bro

Bro,

Thanks for stopping by. it's much appreciated. Posting pictures is even easier then on LSP. Just paste the link directly into the post and the pic pops right up.  Looks like no limit on the number of pics per post now.

Joel

6 hours ago, Aigore said:

Atta old man, gorgeous Scooter! Pretty neat size in 1/32nd scale too :D

Janne,

Thanks buddy, glad you liked my "OLD MAN" efforts.  Getting back into conventions and contests with one or two per year. the Scooter is my 1st entry for the Noreastcon in 4/18.

Joel

19 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

NOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darren,

Thanks so  much for stopping by, and appreciating my efforts. The Scooter took more then 6 months to build, but was well worth it.

Joel

33 minutes ago, wisco8 said:

Beautiful model Joel!!  You did an outstanding job with the fine details,and the weathering is excellent!!

Best regards, Steve :thumbsup2:

Steve,

Thanks so much for checking out my Scooter. So glad you like how it turned out.

Joel

7 minutes ago, my favs are F`s said:

Hey J, awesome!

I like the nice heavier weathering! 

Thanks so much for stopping by and having a look. I'm really glad that you guys liked my experiment with heavier weathering. 

Joel