1/72 F-16F from Hasegawa F-16I?

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think so. There are slight differences on the spine that Hasegawa created separate parts on separate little sprues for, but I don't think they're included in every "spined F-16" boxing. It might be an idea to look up the instructions for the F-16F and F-16I over on Hobby Search/1999.co.jp/eng/ and compare the parts lists and the relevant sections of the assembly steps.

9 hours ago, hemspilot said:

<...> Sprue M is the targeting pod, available elsewhere. <...>

Is it? It's a special pod, so far only used by the UAE's Vipers. It's called AN/AAQ-32 Internal FLIR Targeting System (IFTS). 

5 hours ago, hemspilot said:

It's the Sniper pod, on Hasegawa weapons set IX.

No, it's not.  They may look similar but they are not the same. 

Sniper is Lockheed Martin's AN/AAQ-33, used by (almost) everyone but UAE.

AN/AAQ-32 is made by Northrop Grumman and, as has been mentioned, used only by UAE on their Block 60 jets. 

Also, the -32 is carried on -5L, the -33 on -5R

Edited by habu2
12 hours ago, ChernayaAkula said:

It's a special pod, ....... called AN/AAQ-32 Internal FLIR Targeting System (IFTS). 

I know it's probably just semantics but how is a pod "internal" ?  :rolleyes:

Edited by habu2
16 hours ago, hemspilot said:

It's the Sniper pod, on Hasegawa weapons set IX.

Yes, the forward portion looks somewhat similar between the two pods, but that is where the similarities end. It could also be scratch built, for sure. Anything can be done with time and skill.

Cheers, Hoops

I had heard that the UAE had decided to buy some Sniper Pods for their F-16s.

The link below shows them at a Jordan AB and carrying Sniper Pods, note the Sniper is carried on the right side of the inlet using a different pylon then the AN/AAQ-32 which is carried on the left side.

https://theaviationist.com/tag/uae-air-force/

Regards

Jim Barr

Edited by Jim Barr

POD contained in the F-16F kit is more shorter and skinny than the Sniper pod contained in both Hase weapon set and/or F-15SG which is the one i checked as I still have to buy the weapon set.

The squared section is also more longer than the one present in the Sniper pod,regarding spine related parts I think the ones included in the F-16D 52+ will do the trick

Luigi