Macon, Warner Robins Georgia hobby shop?

Its not a hobby shop really, but the gift shop at the "Museum of Aviation" (just south of the base, website http://www.museumofaviation.org/) had a decent selection of Models and Model Master paints, at least the last few times I was there (3 and 6 years ago) mIght be worth a look.   Its a fantastic museum as well, one of the better Aviation museums I have been to over the years. (IMO definitely in the top 10, maybe even top 5)

If it were the 1970s I could direct you to Jimmy McKay's Macon toy and hobby. But I've head through the grapevine that the 70s are long gone.

It was a cool store, like those old hardware stores which were packed to the rafters and had almost enough room to walk through the aisles.

At the time we were in Macon it was in the back of JC Penny behind the Boy Scout stuff.

At least that's what I remember. How accurate that is ...

I loved that place.

I would try to get in touch with the Robert L. Scott IPMS chapter at W.R.. Their web site seems to be down right now, but I'm pretty sure that the folks at the museum could point you in the right direction,

and the IPMS'ers would know the local skinny on hobby shops.

Ed

Back in the mid to late 80s there was a pretty good LHS in a shopping center on, I wanna say Watson Blvd, near the intersection of Houston Rd.  I went back in the early 2000s but couldn't find it,  I'm pretty sure I found the right shopping center, but no hobby shop.