Tamiya Release Rumors?

2 minutes ago, dehowie said:

Be putting my money on 32nd.

Spitfire, Mustang, Corsair then which one is missing...yea 109 to complete the 32nd family of most famoys WW2 fighters.

if its not 32nd id be incredibly surprised. The Hien was very basic engine and done to complement the restoration of one in Japan.

Sorry, but it's 1/48.

Capture.JPG

Absolutely not sarcasm. The Tamiya P-47s and F-16s are head and shoulders above the competition. Despite the market being flooded with options, Tamiya came out with a far superior kit in both cases. Same with the F-14. Plenty of quality kits, but Tamiya set a new standard. Bf 109 will be no different. Tamiya will knock it out of the park, and we will be begging for more versions until blue in the face. 

Edited by jester292

For those who want Props...kudos to Tamiya. For those of us looking for strictly Jet A/C.... I'm not going to click my heels up over the releases. Tamiya creates some awesome products but the interests of Mr. Tamiyasan  call the shots when it comes to plastics. Plastic kits take a back seat to their R/C product line anyway.

Call me very disappointed.

4 hours ago, DarkKnight said:

I am confused I thought the Eduard Bf-109 was the best one, why did Tamiya feel a need to produce this?

Because not a single penny from the money Eduard receives from buyers of their kits goes to Tamiya.

Kind of like Burger King being next to MnDonalds, both sell hamburgers and compete for the same dollars.

But I get it, why not produce something the market is dying for?

7 hours ago, Scooby said:

<...> why not produce something the market is dying for?

Because of two things.

1. They're Tamiya. The market is ALWAYS dying for a new Tamiya kit.

2. It's a 109. The market is ALWAYS dying for a new 109. 

I mean, when have you last seen a thread speculating what kit Trumpeter will release this week? Then once in a blue moon a new Tamiya kit is announced and people go crazy. There's even threads speculating what venue Tamiya will announce their next release at.

And 109s just plain sell. There always seems to be a market for  new 109s.

Edited by ChernayaAkula
3 hours ago, ChernayaAkula said:

Because of two things.

1. They're Tamiya. The market is ALWAYS dying for a new Tamiya kit.

2. It's a 109. The market is ALWAYS dying for a new 109. 

I mean, when have you last seen a thread speculating what kit Trumpeter will release this week? Then once in a blue moon a new Tamiya kit is announced and people go crazy. There's even threads speculating what venue Tamiya will announce their next release at.

And 109s just plain sell. There always seems to be a market for  new 109s.

Also... 

3. In japan, the Eduard Bf-109G-6 Profipack costs 4050JPY (HobbySearch). I guess that the Tamiya 109 should be around 2700JPY (Ki-61 price). -33% in Japan. It makes sense for the Japanese market.

...and if you've seen the video of that new Tamiya 109, then even if you aren't a fan of the actual plane or props in general, as a modeler you can probably appreciate just how well engineered, planned, and detailed that kit looks to be. I mean it looks absolutely stunning and will probably be pure joy to build!

Regards,

Don

16 minutes ago, Don said:

...and if you've seen the video of that new Tamiya 109, then even if you aren't a fan of the actual plane or props in general, as a modeler you can probably appreciate just how well engineered, planned, and detailed that kit looks to be. I mean it looks absolutely stunning and will probably be pure joy to build!

Regards,

Don

... and there's a pilot ! :naughty:

Edited by Laurent