Tamiya Release Rumors?

3 hours ago, tom-navy-cat said:

Somehow i have a small hope that Tamiya will do a New Tomcat in 1/32....When the 1/48 Tomcat was announced i got this feeling that Tamiya was testing the waters on how good a 1/48 Tamiya Tomcat would be selling and if a 1/32 will make them money or not

+1

Edited by Ichitoe
On 10/9/2017 at 9:57 AM, Petrov27 said:

Never understood the huge appeal the 109 has with folks but kudos to them for being blessed with a top notch Tamiya release

Especially in 1/48. A 1/32 109 is barely even the size of a smaller 1/48 modern fighter.

If you build in 1/48 and not 1/32 (or enter scale <HERE>) and you're interested in props and/or the 109 then it stands to reason that you will want and be excited over a new Bf-109 in 1/48...

2 hours ago, gtypecanare said:

35 more days until Tamiya Fair and the Tamiya World Championships.  Also it will be my birthday too!

Hi, do you have insider info and you're teasing, or are you in the same boat with the rest of us clueless what's coming next? 

On 10/11/2017 at 1:21 AM, tom-navy-cat said:

Somehow i have a small hope that Tamiya will do a New Tomcat in 1/32....When the 1/48 Tomcat was announced i got this feeling that Tamiya was testing the waters on how good a 1/48 Tamiya Tomcat would be selling and if a 1/32 will make them money or not

me too. It would make sense to recapture that part of the market too. With the current techniques...it would be WOW!...and probably 200USD :)

Edited by Timvkampen
On 2017/10/14 at 3:55 AM, Janissary said:

Hi, do you have insider info and you're teasing, or are you in the same boat with the rest of us clueless what's coming next? 

I would assume that a Tamiya America rep would know stuff that we don't.

His hands are probably tied as to how much he can reveal to build hype.

Japanese hobby companies aren't exactly innovative when it comes to their online/social media presence.

3 hours ago, razgriz said:

I would assume that a Tamiya America rep would know stuff that we don't.

His hands are probably tied as to how much he can reveal to build hype.

Japanese hobby companies aren't exactly innovative when it comes to their online/social media presence.

That's why it becomes so tiresome trying to parse through ambiguous, tease-oriented posts by the reps. It would be better if company reps on these forums either went all in, or did not say anything. Ambiguity is cute at first but quickly becomes annoying if there is no follow through by the reps and leads to all sorts of expectations and misinformation. Not saying that gtypecanare does that routinely, but whenever I read an ambiguous post about something I am possibly interested in, I have decided to just straight up ask what the real deal is.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tomcat Trebor said:

Tamiya Fair this weekend. Will there be something new ?

Doubt it very seriously, they just announce the Bf-109 G6 not that long ago. Still has to be released. I am sure all there marketing will be directed to that release.

13 hours ago, boom175 said:

Doubt it very seriously, they just announce the Bf-109 G6 not that long ago. Still has to be released. I am sure all there marketing will be directed to that release.

Marcus Nichols said two new tool 1/48 Tamiya kits will be announced this year. This weekend may be number two.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:27 PM, Timvkampen said:

me too. It would make sense to recapture that part of the market too. With the current techniques...it would be WOW!...and probably 200USD :)

looking at the price of the 1/48th scale kit, they'll probably want close to $200 for it in 1/32. I know of nobody willing to pay that. Their last crop of $200 kits are still on the shelf! Not everybody has deep pockets.  The 1/48th kits are headed to the 25% off pile in about six weeks. Even the HK kits are not selling all that well, and will also be in that stack. 

gary

2 minutes ago, stalal said:

May be a new armor kit in 1/48. Frankly for me at least, 1/48 is a not a scale for armor. 

Well it's a scale for aviation modellers would like to built a tank for a change ?

Edited by Laurent
11 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

looking at the price of the 1/48th scale kit, they'll probably want close to $200 for it in 1/32. I know of nobody willing to pay that. Their last crop of $200 kits are still on the shelf! Not everybody has deep pockets.  The 1/48th kits are headed to the 25% off pile in about six weeks. Even the HK kits are not selling all that well, and will also be in that stack. 

gary

What town do you live in?  I’d love to take advantage of that.   Seems like $75 is still a “good deal” for a 1:48 Tami-cat these days.   

20 hours ago, stalal said:

May be a new armor kit in 1/48. Frankly for me at least, 1/48 is a not a scale for armor. 

Funny, I've been building 72nd and 35th armour for nearly thirty years alongside my aircraft, and I truly believe 1/48th is  armour's Goldilocks scale! It's absolutely perfect in every possible way for armour. Not too small to be fiddly, not too big for a decent collection. I just wish manufacturers would start offering more modern stuff in this scale.

On 11/16/2017 at 3:34 AM, ChesshireCat said:

gary

Must be different for different countries, here in the UK the Tamiya importer has struggled to keep the F-14 in stock, it has sold like crazy here, with multiple LARGE restock orders from vendors. I was due two as payment for my build for them last year, and it took nine months to get them to me simply because whenever they had stock of it it all went straight out of the door to vendors. Strange that the 1/48th one is heading for the 25% off racks in the one country I suspected wouldn't be able to get enough of them!

22 minutes ago, Dmanton300 said:

Must be different for different countries, here in the UK the Tamiya importer has struggled to keep the F-14 in stock, it has sold like crazy here, with multiple LARGE restock orders from vendors. I was due two as payment for my build for them last year, and it took nine months to get them to me simply because whenever they had stock of it it all went straight out of the door to vendors. Strange that the 1/48th one is heading for the 25% off racks in the one country I suspected wouldn't be able to get enough of them!

I can't, as probably you also, fathom their logic.....

It certainly doesn't  smell like they haven't had any consideration for your efforts on their behalf....  NINE MONTHS??????