Tamiya Release Rumors?

2 minutes ago, phantomdriver said:

I can't, as probably you also, fathom their logic.....

It certainly doesn't  smell like they haven't had any consideration for your efforts on their behalf....  NINE MONTHS??????

Trust me, the sheer volume of stuff I get from them more than makes up for that delay - and I'd told them I wasn't in any rush for them anyway. It was delay by agreement. I've had them for four months now and guess what? I haven't started one! :)

18 minutes ago, Craig Baldwin said:

Seems like a lot of neglect for Century series aircraft.

Agreed, but Trumpeter has filled some of the void.  Tamiya wants kits that will sell and I'm afraid the Century kits wouldn't have the interest of yet another Bf109 (Booooorrrring).

8 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Agreed, but Trumpeter has filled some of the void.  Tamiya wants kits that will sell and I'm afraid the Century kits wouldn't have the interest of yet another Bf109 (Booooorrrring).

I own a couple Trumpeter A37's. Actually one of their better jets, but also not quite perfect. Their F100's leave a lot to be desired. The F106 wasn't bad, and I'll probably build it OOB.

Hasegawa does the F104's in 1/48th. They're OK, but always leaving you wanting more. Still like them. Pretty much the same with F105's! Love to see ZM or AMK tackle the F100d or F105 series. 

glt

1 hour ago, ChesshireCat said:

I own a couple Trumpeter A37's. Actually one of their better jets, but also not quite perfect. Their F100's leave a lot to be desired. The F106 wasn't bad, and I'll probably build it OOB.

Hasegawa does the F104's in 1/48th. They're OK, but always leaving you wanting more. Still like them. Pretty much the same with F105's! Love to see ZM or AMK tackle the F100d or F105 series. 

glt

Agreed, as long as AMK doesn't want my cash upfront.

On 11/19/2017 at 4:21 PM, ChesshireCat said:

glt

My interest in the A-37 just peaked over this past weekend and was doing some light reading about the Trump and Encore kits. I was actually just going to ask around if anyone makes decals for the Battle Creek Michigan ANG OA-37's in the euro scheme.

3 minutes ago, gb_madcat_sl said:

Wasn't the Tamiya re-box of the Italeri 1/32 F-35A announced at the All Japan Hobby Show back in Sep/Oct this year?

That was my first thought but one of the images at Hobby Search says "100% New Moulds" and on scalemates.com they don't show the Tamiya kit as linked to the Italeri kit.

4 hours ago, habu2 said:

That was my first thought but one of the images at Hobby Search says "100% New Moulds" and on scalemates.com they don't show the Tamiya kit as linked to the Italeri kit.

The "100% New Moulds" image is from the Italeri box,  Tamiya added the sticker which says "Japanese markings included". 

So it is the Italeri kit.

But maybe they will do one in 1/48? 

Cheers,

Markus

On 11/20/2017 at 5:50 PM, Whiskey said:

My interest in the A-37 just peaked over this past weekend and was doing some light reading about the Trump and Encore kits. I was actually just going to ask around if anyone makes decals for the Battle Creek Michigan ANG OA-37's in the euro scheme.

Whiskey,

I had offered a similar suggestion on the Caracal forum, to which I discovered he already had a sheet in development.  Not sure what all jets or schemes will be included, but there is a product number assigned which should be a good sign.

-Ryan

20 minutes ago, BN7149 said:

Whiskey,

I had offered a similar suggestion on the Caracal forum, to which I discovered he already had a sheet in development.  Not sure what all jets or schemes will be included, but there is a product number assigned which should be a good sign.

-Ryan

Ha! I was actually thinking about asking Kursad about that!

• 2 years later...