Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Falconxlvi

Tamiya Release Rumors?

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Wolf_el_Real said:

Does Tamiya have plans for a new 1/48 F-14B Tomcat?

No one really knows. You would think, but then again they never released the family model of the F-16, and it was set up for it. The best course of action would be to combine everything into a Late A/B release. The only sprue they would need to add would be the TCS pod and the ECM blisters for under the glove area. In the meantime, Steel Beach has a conversion if you want a B now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have it on good authority that Tamiya's next release is going to be molded in gray plastic......you heard it here first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wolf_el_Real said:

Does Tamiya have plans for a new 1/48 F-14B Tomcat?

 

They made bore holes on the bottom fuselage part for the ECM antennas.

 

 

If they follow the release pace, normally it comes in summer/Q3 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave Roof said:

I have it on good authority that Tamiya's next release is going to be molded in gray plastic......you heard it here first.

 

  • A new mold A-10C Thunderbolt would be nice! 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably a hundred subjects, but I'd really like them to do a Hudson being as nobody else will! Still the top dog for me is a state of the art F100d in quarter scale, followed with the same in 1/72 scale. 

Gary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, falcon91352 said:

 

  • A new mold A-10C Thunderbolt would be nice! 😄

+1. Would love that myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 9:40 AM, shion said:

 

They made bore holes on the bottom fuselage part for the ECM antennas.

 

 

If they follow the release pace, normally it comes in summer/Q3 2020.


Logic would indeed suggest that...however..

They also made the forward fuselage separate on the F-16 to, logically, allow for a F-16D..

That didn't happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, since this thread has been resurrected, no rumor, but a very strong hope, for a P-38H(?) so I can make Bong’s ‘Marge’.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Curt B said:

Well, since this thread has been resurrected, no rumor, but a very strong hope, for a P-38H(?) so I can make Bong’s ‘Marge’.

I'd like to see them do Robin Olds P39j. The current is very nice, but a J will make me jump for joy!!

Gary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "J" version of the P-38 will definitely sell considerably more than the current iteration.


I would be picking up at least 2 or 3 for sure.

Edited by FlyAndFight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do I need any afternarket parts to build a maverick top gun ghostrider F-14?

Edited by DarkKnight
arrghhh autocorretor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DarkKnight said:

do I need any afternarket parts to build a maverick top gun ghostwriter F-14?

 

From the Tamiya kit? I believe you'll need the newer L shaped tail braces and newer style wheel hubs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2019 at 12:18 PM, ChesshireCat said:

I'd like to see them do Robin Olds P39j. The current is very nice, but a J will make me jump for joy!!

Gary

 

I didn’t know much about Robin Olds, but just did some reading.  I agree that it would be great to have Tamiya come out with J version to make an Olds P-38.  Going off topic here, how cool would it be to have a set of all Olds’ “Scat ___” airplanes, including his P-51d (Eduard) and his F-4C (Zoukei-Mura).  I’m fortunate enough to have all these...maybe a project to take on?

 

Again, sorry for the off-topic post...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Curt B said:

 

I didn’t know much about Robin Olds, but just did some reading.  I agree that it would be great to have Tamiya come out with J version to make an Olds P-38.  Going off topic here, how cool would it be to have a set of all Olds’ “Scat ___” airplanes, including his P-51d (Eduard) and his F-4C (Zoukei-Mura).  I’m fortunate enough to have all these...maybe a project to take on?

 

Again, sorry for the off-topic post...

Not fully off topic, your request has already been fulfilled; 

P-38J:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/kits-world-kw148077-p-38j-lightnings--240356

P-38J and P-51D: 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/aeromaster-ipms-97-ipms-columbus-97--950236

F-4C: 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/ipms-usa-ipms-97-col-robin-olds-f-4c-vietnam-mig-killers--327100

 

Merry Xmas to all 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the decal references, Niels...now, just how difficult is it to find those decal sheets?

 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kits-World is still available, both directly from manufacturer and from Hannants; 
https://www.kitsworld.co.uk/index.php?CATEGORY=4&SUB=17&THISPAGE=1&RADIOSORT=4&PICFILE=228&STKNR=228&STRH=3808&ORDN=2585&RNZ=981727

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/KW48077?result-token=gPhGL

 

For the others, I guess you need to search a bit 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Curt B said:

 

I didn’t know much about Robin Olds, but just did some reading.  I agree that it would be great to have Tamiya come out with J version to make an Olds P-38.  Going off topic here, how cool would it be to have a set of all Olds’ “Scat ___” airplanes, including his P-51d (Eduard) and his F-4C (Zoukei-Mura).  I’m fortunate enough to have all these...maybe a project to take on?

 

Again, sorry for the off-topic post...

Col. Olds flew or sorts of aircraft in his time. I have a photo of him standing on a P51k. I know he flew somekind of a recon plane over Europe. As for Phantoms, he flew the C,D, and E models over Vietnam. He also flew the P80 (F80?) In the forties.

There's at least 27 airframes! 

Gary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

Col. Olds flew or sorts of aircraft in his time. I have a photo of him standing on a P51k. I know he flew somekind of a recon plane over Europe. As for Phantoms, he flew the C,D, and E models over Vietnam. He also flew the P80 (F80?) In the forties.

There's at least 27 airframes! 

Gary

 

Wow!  I'll be happy with just the P-38, P51D and F-4C...not enough room for more!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

Col. Olds flew or sorts of aircraft in his time. I have a photo of him standing on a P51k. I know he flew somekind of a recon plane over Europe. As for Phantoms, he flew the C,D, and E models over Vietnam. He also flew the P80 (F80?) In the forties.

There's at least 27 airframes! 

Gary

Col.Olds never flew the E model in Vietnam, He left in Sept.67 firsts E's arrived in Nov.68 at Korat.

 

Bernie McKenna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, berniemckenna said:

Col.Olds never flew the E model in Vietnam, He left in Sept.67 firsts E's arrived in Nov.68 at Korat.

 

Bernie McKenna

He did. He took one from a replacement while flying a D model. But with that aside he flew newer stuff on the sky, and gave the kills away. It's all in his book

Gary

 

I think the D was the last airframe to have the Scat logo

Edited by ChesshireCat
More data

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 3:44 PM, Curt B said:

 

I didn’t know much about Robin Olds, but just did some reading.  I agree that it would be great to have Tamiya come out with J version to make an Olds P-38.  Going off topic here, how cool would it be to have a set of all Olds’ “Scat ___” airplanes, including his P-51d (Eduard) and his F-4C (Zoukei-Mura).  I’m fortunate enough to have all these...maybe a project to take on?

 

Again, sorry for the off-topic post...

 

Hi,

 

A Robin Olds collection would be pretty neat. A lot legendary types in there.

 

As an exchange officer, he was the only foreigner ever who had the honour to serve as the CO of No 1 Sqn RAF. I believe they flew Meteors at the time. I think Mk 4's.

 

And an F-101 from the Bentwaters-Woodbridge Wing. With one of those, he once performed a flying display that turned heads in the early 60's.

I think they let him do that only once.

Considering what was allowed in those days, it must have been really something.

 

Cheers, Stefan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2019 at 9:17 PM, ChesshireCat said:

He did. He took one from a replacement while flying a D model. But with that aside he flew newer stuff on the sky, and gave the kills away. It's all in his book

Gary

 

I think the D was the last airframe to have the Scat logo

regardless of what is in his book it was impossible for him to have flown the F-4E at Korat.Simple reason is He PCS'd back to the states in Sept.67 and the first F-4E arrived at Korat on 7 Nov. 1968 and they flew their first mission on 20 Nov.1968. I'm not saying he didn't fly an F 4E in his career. He just wouldn't have done it in Vietnam. He was the commander of cadets at the AF Academy at the time. He never went back .It could be a misprint or so but the dates definingly make it impossible for him to have done it. And yes I read his book too.

 

Bernie McKenna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the heck, Tamiya should do a complete P-40 line  B-N for what it is worth.

 

Geoff M 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do only I am hoping for F-14B to be released finally this year?

F-14A was released in 2016, F-14D in 2018, quite logical that F-14B should appear around June 25th, 2020 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...