CD144018 - 1/144 RAF C-130J

CD144018 will be a 1/144 sheet dedicated to the two recent special anniversary schemes worn by RAF C-130J Hercules. Both aircraft in the photo below (ZH880 and ZH883) will be featured, with optional serial numbers for regular line aircraft. 

28615144035_6bec80001b_b.jpg

Edited by KursadA
17 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

I will have to ask the question, any chance of either of these in 1/72? 

I think I will eventually scale it up to 1/72 in 2018; but those tail markings are massive and it will likely take two separate sheets to pull it off. 

• 10 months later...

Outstanding news Kursad !  I too was a little concerned when the numbers were reallocated. And since I might have your attention for a moment, Anything for the C-17 ???  I just KNOW someone must have slapped some paint on those "Billboard Tails" !!  Keep up the Great Work !

8 hours ago, Trash hauler said:

Outstanding news Kursad !  I too was a little concerned when the numbers were reallocated. And since I might have your attention for a moment, Anything for the C-17 ???  I just KNOW someone must have slapped some paint on those "Billboard Tails" !!  Keep up the Great Work !

Canada did:

https://militaryaviationreview.com/canadian-air-force-c-17-receives-anniversary-tail-art

Trojan Thunder,

Now THAT is exactly what I meant. Gorgeous tail markings  !  Kursad ... there's a few ideas for you right there. And considering the C-17 still has many years of service yet, this could be the start of another "Family" of markings for you. And I have no doubt the Aussies will be joining in. What do you think ?

Oppps !  After further research, I discovered that 99 Sqd's markings are already available  !  ( A mind is such a terrible thing to waste ! ) 

Edited by Trash hauler
Updated after more research.

Looking forward to this Kursad! And thanks for including additional registrations for the line birds. The Minicraft C-130 kits are greatly lacking aftermarket decals in my opinion. For an aircraft that serves globally, there are very few options for anything that doesn't say USAF.

Just finished this sheet - some pretty fancy tail markings on this one.  Coming as part of the next batch.

cd144018.jpg

A 1/72 version might be in the cards; depending on how the small sheet sells primarily in the UK. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...