Decals for B-24 "Lady Be Good" ?

Has anyone ever made decals for "Lady Be Good", the B-24D that crashed in the Libyan desert? I am just brainstorming about possible subjects if I branch into WWII decals, and I wondered if it was covered before.

Edited by KursadA

I can't think of ever seeing any of that aircraft.

But along the lines of B-24Ds...the PB4Y-1 Liberators of the U.S. Navy are overlooked. There have been some decals of them in the past but nothing that is easy to find.

• 4 weeks later...

I concur on all of the above.  I have been gathering goodies for a MTO B-24D build (desert tan or at least Libyian based) and there currently isnt much out there at least in 1/48.  Kit world has the whole Disney squadron, but other than that its up to find old SS or Aeromaster sheets.  Or the ones included in the Pro Mod release.

So some selection of tan/ Libyan based Libs would be great. 

And whole heatedly concur on the early Privateers.  some in the atlantic scheme would be great!  I can help provide references from the library if needed (and some digital photos as well).  Privateers are another in the "to do" stack with the B-24D above...

thanks for hitting on some of these forgotten subjects!

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

On an interesting side note, they made a movie that was loosely based on the Lady Be Good story called "Sole Survivor".  It's been uploaded on Youtube if anyone is interested.   It's about a B-25 called the Home Run. I always wanted to do a kit of the Home Run and think this could be an interesting inclusion for a Lady Be Good decal sheet.   Just tossing it out there.  It would be a total whif based on a movie but what the heck.

Don’t forget the Twilght Zone episode - “King Nine Will Not Return”.  It is one of my favorite episodes of that show and it also featured a B-25.  I read that Rod Serling was inspired to write this when he heard about the LBG discovery.

-Derek

Edited by viking73
On 11/26/2017 at 8:35 AM, viking73 said:

Don’t forget the Twilght Zone episode - “King Nine Will Not Return”.  It is one of my favorite episodes of that show and it also featured a B-25.  I read that Rod Serling was inspired to write this when he heard about the LBG discovery.

-Derek

Sounds like a cool sheet.  "Ladies of the Desert."  Lady Be Good, Home Run, and King 9.   How 'bout it Kursad?   You game?