Information about a JU-88D-1

Hello friends, someone perhaps have some information or any means to validate the existence of this version: JU-88D-1 F6+AL of 3.(F)/122 as a real airplane?

zt3N8io.jpg
This profile is from Air DOC nº 02 and is also available in kit by Revell, in their 1/72 kit 04130.

111398-10263-pristine.jpg

I would like to find some war time photo or any register documentation of its existence, because I intend to build this version in 1/32 scale.

I know of no photo of "F6+AL" of the 3.(F)/122, and with over 16,000 Ju 88s in my db, no record, although that does not mean this one is not real -- airframes get into the records when they are lost or have accidents.

Others of 3. Staffel (F6+_L) that are listed include: B (two examples), C (two examples), E (two examples), F (two examples), H (two examples), I, J, K, L, M (three examples), N (two examples), O, and P.

One caution regarding the color plates in AirDoc No. 2:  Some are certainly based on real aircraft, but at least one, on page 24, is a fabrication with parts of several different units' aircraft made into a (false) colorful subject -- and even making it on to Revell's 1/72 boxart (different kit & box than the 40130 that you included in your post)!  The aircraft in question was a Ju 88A-5, and the codes are wrong.  An aircraft (Ju 88A-5) with this fin marking flew with 7./KG 30, coded 4D+MR.  The yellow cowls and rudder were applied to the Ju 88A-5s (not A-4, yet) of the LG 1 during the Balkans / Greece / Crete campaign.

Good luck in your build, that 1/32 kit is magnificent.

GRM

Larry, that is WNr.430650 in one of its several spurious postwar paint schemes.  This machine had belonged to the 2./Rum. Fernaufklärungs [Long-range reconnaissance] Staffel until 22.July 1943 when a defecting pilot landed it on Cyprus.  Now in the U.S. Air Force's museum collection, it has now been restored to its 'original' Rumanian markings.

GRM

10 hours ago, G.R.Morrison said:

Larry, that is WNr.430650 in one of its several spurious postwar paint schemes.  This machine had belonged to the 2./Rum. Fernaufklärungs [Long-range reconnaissance] Staffel until 22.July 1943 when a defecting pilot landed it on Cyprus.  Now in the U.S. Air Force's museum collection, it has now been restored to its 'original' Rumanian markings.

GRM

Thanks, I should have figured the USAF Museum would have done that.

I guess I will have to research the original Rumanian markings, so I can make my 1/32 Ju88D-2 in those markings.

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak

Many thanks for the explanation, G.R.Morrison, those are very helpfull!  Can you tell me where i can find photos of those other planes with code F6+...L  from 3.(F)/122 that you listed?