else will do! AND a very rare subject!!!! Just aren't ANY 109's out there

AND an ACTUAL 1/48 scale, not like the old 1/49 box scale of a few

years ago. Are the panel lines raised or engraved!!!! Way to GO!!!!!---John

2 hours ago, john53 said:

Very HAPPY to see someone step up and do a plane no one

else will do! AND a very rare subject!!!! Just aren't ANY 109's out there

AND an ACTUAL 1/48 scale, not like the old 1/49 box scale of a few

years ago. Are the panel lines raised or engraved!!!! Way to GO!!!!!---John

LOL..   Yes, we need more 48th -109's.  Haven't seen a high quality Gustav released in months. 

Can't understand what Tamiya was thinking but they always seem to end up selling lots of kits.   Personally, I think the revised Eduard kit was as close to state of the art as anyone will get.  

Now if they did this in 32nd scale, that would have filled a needed void since both the old Hase kit and the newer Revell one both have issues. 

Definitely 1/48 scale: https://www.facebook.com/shinjih2/videos/1463097170436041/

Level of details looks wonderful and this thing builds like LEGO bricks.... at least one will go to my stash, for sure !

Eduard's "2.0" version is not really state of the art, they didn't fix all issues from the previous one ( Zvezda model is said to have done a better job, accuracy wise ); even if pretty nice G-6 kits,  there's always room for improvement ....Tamiya will prove it again.

Maybe also in 1/32 scale, please.... ( and some P-38 next, both scales welcome .... )

Don't need one? We didn't *need* a new 1:48 P-47 in 2002. Enter Tamiya. Homerun. 

We didn't *need* a new 1:48 F-16. Enter Tamiya. Homerun. 

We didnt *need* a new 1:48 F-14. Enter Tamiya. Homerun.  

See a pattern?  Need it? Probably not. But it will be awesome and it will make BANK for Tamiya. Like the others have and will. 

Complain when a Bf 109 is announced, worship when an F-14 is announced.  I'll continue to enjoy the progression and *amazing* kits Tamiya puts out. 

33 minutes ago, jester292 said:

Don't need one? We didn't *need* a new 1:48 P-47 in 2002. Enter Tamiya. Homerun. 

We didn't *need* a new 1:48 F-16. Enter Tamiya. Homerun. 

We didnt *need* a new 1:48 F-14. Enter Tamiya. Homerun.  

See a pattern?  Need it? Probably not. But it will be awesome and it will make BANK for Tamiya. Like the others have and will. 

Complain when a Bf 109 is announced, worship when an F-14 is announced.  I'll continue to enjoy the progression and *amazing* kits Tamiya puts out. 

No one made a "state " of the art when Tamiya released those kits. Eduards 109"s are the ultimate kit. I'm sure you, as well as alot of other modellers< will piss your money away just because it's Tamiya. 

1 hour ago, Griffin said:

Definitely 1/48 scale: https://www.facebook.com/shinjih2/videos/1463097170436041/

Level of details looks wonderful and this thing builds like LEGO bricks.... at least one will go to my stash, for sure !

Eduard's "2.0" version is not really state of the art, they didn't fix all issues from the previous one ( Zvezda model is said to have done a better job, accuracy wise ); even if pretty nice G-6 kits,  there's always room for improvement ....Tamiya will prove it again.

Maybe also in 1/32 scale, please.... ( and some P-38 next, both scales welcome .... )

No more 109 kits you said? 

Even in the video, the fitting is looking so crisp and the level of detail is so sharp. I bet when you have this kit in your hands you will say 'Tamiya! where have you been?'  

Meh, to each their own. I happen to like the 109 myself and even though there are a few very nice kits already available having new kit options is always welcome. Buy or don't buy its up to the individual modeler to determine what he/she wants or places value on. The kit does look absolutely stunning in the pictures. I happen to love displayable engines and that engine looks killer. Personally I couldn't care less who's label is on the box. If it looks that good I want one and certainly won't turn it down because I already have X number of 109's already in the stash.

Happy modeling!

1 hour ago, racerman said:

No one made a "state " of the art when Tamiya released those kits. Eduards 109"s are the ultimate kit. I'm sure you, as well as alot of other modellers< will piss your money away just because it's Tamiya. 

Swing and a miss. 

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:58 AM, stalal said:

This means that 1/32 version of Bf109 will be coming soon! Wish fulfilled. 

Stalal,

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for this or any completely new 1/32 scale release from Tamiya any time soon. The Mosquito at a price point way in excess of $225 wasn't a huge seller and I'm sure a disappointment to the Tamiya suits.  The F4U-1D is the -1A with a new sprue fret that was planned for when the -1A was designed.  On the other hand the 1/48 scale Me 109 -G will be their 3rd completely new 1/48 scale kit in a row. The release date is early 2018 not late 2017.

I've never built anything but US and allied aircraft in many a year, but I'll be buying this kit when it comes out for sure.

Joel

For those of you that have seen the two videos from the show, the Tamiya 1/48 scale Mf 109-G has the magnet system used in their 1/32 scale Spitfire kits. The engine, cowlings (there are open and closed cowls), & props/spinners are all held by magnets so that the engine which looks extremely well detailed can be displayed.  I'm betting that this kit will set the record for the most expensive 1/48 scale single engine prop currently being produced.   From the switch out and of parts, the fit seems as about as perfect as we can ever expect. 

I can't wait to read & see the comparisons of the Eduard kit to the Tamiya kit once the kit is released.  As I said, I'm getting one unless Tamiya breaks the $100 mark, then I'll take a pass. 

Joel

With the amounts of available markings, and the historical importance, this is exactly the kind of kit Tamiya should be doing. Zvezda was the only accurate one (better than the re-tooled Eduard), and yet it is a difficult build.

This is great news. Great to see Tamiya back to the rate of 15 years ago, but with much better subjects than a Swordfish, Do-335 or J1N1...

R.

18 hours ago, Robertson said:

With the amounts of available markings, and the historical importance, this is exactly the kind of kit Tamiya should be doing. Zvezda was the only accurate one (better than the re-tooled Eduard), and yet it is a difficult build.

This is great news. Great to see Tamiya back to the rate of 15 years ago, but with much better subjects than a Swordfish, Do-335 or J1N1...

R.

I'm with you for the most part, but just wonder (since I haven't seen it yet) in what ways the Zvezda is a difficult build.

18 hours ago, john53 said:

How hard would it be to do a G-14 from this? I have decals for

Hartmann's winter white machine ofJG-53 in Hungary.---John

Unless someone released sprue shots, it's impossible to know.  To do the G-14, you'll need the tall tail, specific rudder type and the Erla Haube canopy.   All the pics I've seen just show a standard, early G-6.    Hopefully Tamiya will include the extra parts.

Similar to what Academy did I guess. Cut fuselage and add tall tail and specific

canopy and tail wheel. Had that kit, was quite nice...here's hoping. I'd consider the

new Tamiya if they gave that option, not a big G-6 fan, kinda like vanilla ice cream.--John

Edited by john53