New Tool Bf 109G-6 from Tamiya

I had a relapse a year or so ago, and bought the Eduard G6 kit. Got home and opened the box for the look see. Nice, but left me underwhelmed at the same time. Something about the front just wasn't right to my eyes. Rest seemed nice. Fast forward, and Tamiya decides we need another G6. Now I have six or eight 1/48th G6's in my stash, so I'm assuming they'll do a better job that the last one!  (just glad I only got stuck with one)

Knowing that Germany built more G6's than any other variant, and also knowing there are several other G6 kits out there. I really wish that Tamiya would have done a G14AS with optional tails (yes there were short tail G14's as we as tall tails). The G6 and G14 are close relatives anyway. Still had Tamiya done a K4; I'd been good for four kits!

gary

9 hours ago, murad said:

checkout eduard's fb page for their e-day photo album.

Thanks, will do.  

Update

Wow!  I can’t believe how many new tool releases Eduard has in the works!  Thanks for letting me know about the Facebook page!  The P-51 and Tempest look great, as do the retooled Fw 190s!

Edited by Falconxlvi
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, 11bee said:

I would think any quality decal release would fit this kit.    You should have hundreds of options.  

I asked as the kit has two pairs of decals for cowling.

Its fuselage size and shape is slightly different from Hasegawa kit. Comparing Hasegawa kit with Tamiya, Tamiya looks more accurate. 

On 10/10/2017 at 3:52 PM, ChesshireCat said:

I had a relapse a year or so ago, and bought the Eduard G6 kit. Got home and opened the box for the look see. Nice, but left me underwhelmed at the same time. Something about the front just wasn't right to my eyes. Rest seemed nice. Fast forward, and Tamiya decides we need another G6. Now I have six or eight 1/48th G6's in my stash, so I'm assuming they'll do a better job that the last one!  (just glad I only got stuck with one)

Knowing that Germany built more G6's than any other variant, and also knowing there are several other G6 kits out there. I really wish that Tamiya would have done a G14AS with optional tails (yes there were short tail G14's as we as tall tails). The G6 and G14 are close relatives anyway. Still had Tamiya done a K4; I'd been good for four kits!

gary

You are right about the Eduard front. Too deep below the windscreen. Hasegawa is too shallow overall, and way wide in the canopy sill

G..