ProModeler Blue Angels A-4 1/48

Reading the F-4 Blue Angels thread reminded me of a question I have wanted to ask. 

I want to build a Blue Angels A-4, A few years ago I built the Revell Blue Angels kit, and used the kit decals, which were actually pretty good.  I made some mistakes on that kit, and I want to try again.  I found the ProModeller kit on ebay, which is Hasegawa plastic. I also have The steel beach super fox update kit, and Eduard color photo etch.  The question is the kit decals. It is hard to judge a decal sheet with out using it, but it on the sheet, the artwork almost looks blurry, and not crisp like a cartograf sheet.  Did any one use this sheet? Or should I try  the CAM sheet? 

Edited by Kurt H.

The kit decals vary.  They are printed sharply; the variabilty is with the yellow.  It is printed over a white base coat to make it opaque, but the white base doesn't quite match up with the yellow over it.  I've seen several sheets, and the yellow overlaps the white around the edges by varying amounts.  That's why it looks "fuzzy".  If you don't have 2 sets of decals to double up and make the edges more opaque, get an aftermarket set.

3 hours ago, Joe Hegedus said:

Darren's right.  The Hasegawa Blue Angel release is the one with the parts unique to the BA jets (SF intakes and a white metal boarding ladder housing).  

Either it's the standard E/F issue, or it's the Super Fox issue - and I am pretty sure it's the latter.

Jens

37 minutes ago, JEN722 said:

Either it's the standard E/F issue, or it's the Super Fox issue - and I am pretty sure it's the latter.

Jens

Ok when I get home I will have to compare the kit parts to the resin parts and settle thisone.

I looked in my Pro modeler Blue Angels kit, the intake parts are on  Sprue J.  On my A-4M, it has sprue Q for the intakes. 

according to the hasegawa kit tables at 

http://modelingmadness.com/splfeat/kr/has48e.htm

The Q sprue is indeed the larger intake , so we can conclude the pro modeler kit is the E/F kit.

No big deal, I know everyone is just trying to help.  Thanks.

21 minutes ago, JEN722 said:

Thanks Kurt. I was pretty sure the Super Fox parts were in the PM release, and that it was the reason I bought it in the first place. :doh:

Jens

No worries. I've done the same thing. With the sharing of sprues between companies, it's extremely hard to keep track of what plastic is in what release.