Kenetic C-17 - Any word?

Hi everyone

the shape validation process on c-17 hit some barrier we are reworking the nose section. And we will leave to tooling resources for other pending item in queue. The first rolling out is T2 Harrier which the tooling passed to injection today. And following up with M3A3. 

Edited by Raymond Chung
10 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

Hi everyone

the shape validation process on c-17 hit some barrier we are reworking the nose section. And we will leave to tooling resources for other pending item in queue. The first rolling out is T2 Harrier which the tooling passed to injection today. And following up with M3A3. 

Thank you! Any release date yet?

Dear Pminer,

Nowadays, too many teasing (we too!) we have announced the C-17, M3A3, M109 Doher, M346. After factory removal, we think we better stay low profile and keep focus to do the things right. I think the market already full of announcement and should be fill everyone teasing need. One more does no exciting. From now, we better to release information when we are 90 days from shipment. That makes everyone happy.

As for the C-17, due to the extra care we need to redo the nose and possible all other incoming revision, our tooling plan can depend on the C-17 CAD data, instead we realize all other small announced subject before making another promise or estimate release date. Like the T2 Harrier, we suppose to release in 2016 after the F/A-18, but since we face some production problem after changing the tooling system, we better resolve the production issue with our own injection facilities. The T2 harrier was delayed to 2017 Q4. And the M346 master will follow by T2 Harrier. 

Also we are doing a new mold on M109 AFV series to replace those "not-fit-so-well" part to re-release the M109 with upgraded quality. So, we are still some work to clean up before full speed new item development.

1 hour ago, Raymond Chung said:

Dear Pminer,

Nowadays, too many teasing (we too!) we have announced the C-17, M3A3, M109 Doher, M346. After factory removal, we think we better stay low profile and keep focus to do the things right. I think the market already full of announcement and should be fill everyone teasing need. One more does no exciting. From now, we better to release information when we are 90 days from shipment. That makes everyone happy.

As for the C-17, due to the extra care we need to redo the nose and possible all other incoming revision, our tooling plan can depend on the C-17 CAD data, instead we realize all other small announced subject before making another promise or estimate release date. Like the T2 Harrier, we suppose to release in 2016 after the F/A-18, but since we face some production problem after changing the tooling system, we better resolve the production issue with our own injection facilities. The T2 harrier was delayed to 2017 Q4. And the M346 master will follow by T2 Harrier. 

Also we are doing a new mold on M109 AFV series to replace those "not-fit-so-well" part to re-release the M109 with upgraded quality. So, we are still some work to clean up before full speed new item development.

Excellent strategy, I'm really looking forward to the Harrier T.2

8 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

Dear Pminer,

Thank you Raymond! I'd rather have it done right than be disappointed. But is the C-17 still going to be released someday? I hope you have not cancelled the project. Thanks!

I for one am really looking forward to the C-17, good news about the nose structure be reworked. Also from what you had for CAD or images on Facebook the rest looked really good. Am really pleased with what I saw from antennae placement and the tear drop structure next to the crew entry door. Keep up the good work and can't wait to get the C-17.

Why do you think we will cancel the projects ? Going to 2018 Kinetic is passing its first 10 years. 

Just the kit is huge and since the aircraft is in active services, gathering accurate material posses some difficult. But luckily we have those material received before cutting the steel. 

2 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

Why do you think we will cancel the projects ? Going to 2018 Kinetic is passing its first 10 years. 

Just the kit is huge and since the aircraft is in active services, gathering accurate material posses some difficult. But luckily we have those material received before cutting the steel. 

You all are awesome Raymond. I will probably buy the E-2 and C-2 soon. I've always loved those planes. As for the C-17....I'll wait. Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see the C-17 out!!

• 4 months later...

Morning Everyone, I hope all is well and your knife is cutting straight and your paint is drying evenly.

I was curious as to the latest info on the C-17 to be released (assumption) in 2018 of the Globemaster III. As it does appear in the Kinetic 2018 catalogue, I am very excited to hear and see this announcement in this form.

I do have some pics of the only fully painted tail art C-17 belonging to 429 Sqn in Canadian livery. I also have access to the drawings for a more accurate references if required. Maybe we can come to some form of arrangement to exchange this info.

Looking forward to hearing some factual info on this kits' release. I have been asked to build some commissioned kits for the office I work in for departing members, just need an estimate to plan for these upcoming builds. By my count... I might need 5.

Hi everyone

I am now in Germany for the toy fair,  as I know many of you are asking the C-17 since years ago. 

Yes c-17 is postponed from year to year as the project of c-17 looks ‘simple’ but when we approach near the Kit design we think we need to rework from scratch that the size and weight of the Kit demands us to consider more physical weight issue.  We still have a lot of things to modify to allow the balance between detail and structural issue. 

But we will keep going with other release in parallel IA-58 and M346. 

Be patient we will deliver it. 

1 hour ago, Raymond Chung said:

Hi everyone

I am now in Germany for the toy fair,  as I know many of you are asking the C-17 since years ago. 

Yes c-17 is postponed from year to year as the project of c-17 looks ‘simple’ but when we approach near the Kit design we think we need to rework from scratch that the size and weight of the Kit demands us to consider more physical weight issue.  We still have a lot of things to modify to allow the balance between detail and structural issue. 

But we will keep going with other release in parallel IA-58 and M346. 

Be patient we will deliver it. 

Thanks Raymond! I appreciate the update. I look very forward to this model...ASAP. Thanks!

Edited by pminer

Holy crappp!!! Just looked at the CAD's in the Kinetic 2018 Catalog. No wonder you guys are taking so long and having weight issues!! lol....

That thing is detailed out of this world. Details add a lot of weight. I get it now!

Raymond...I'm just thinking out loud here. A basic but interesting interior with a decent and interesting cockpit is wayyyyyy Ok with me. And I think I might speak for most of us big scale modelers. Case in point....Revell's 1/72 A400M. (Sorry....just an example). A good representation of the basics is very OK with me. Maybe others too.

Just so the outside looks good with the overall shape....engines....fans...panel lines....lumps, bumps and antenna...and landing gear. For me.....the outside is the most important. Thanks for your efforts! It looks amazing....but possibly toned down a little (details) so we can get out to market.

Edited by pminer

Now watch for the "I can have a Revell 1/72 A400M kit for USD 50, no way I pay USD 70 for the C-17 kit" usual comment.

As far as I'm concerned, good move from Raymond and Kinetic : get it right no matter how long it takes.

No need to BS us with single part missiles pics again and again and again while nothing else seem to be progressing, like another company I will not name. 

Being such a large kit, I guess the fuselage plastic shell needs to be thicker than usual, therefore the weight issues. Tricky balance as you say.

I have to say i am delighted with your F/A-18 kits, I hope you will be able to carry over this quality standard to all future kits.

Cheers !

About the pricing of the kit, it depends many factors but one critical consideration is the fiscal strength of the company where how long it can stand to wait the return without being affected with lower price factor. 

So in short the more other item in the brand it sell it sell it helps to reduce the price of a big Kit.