CD48132 - 1/48 Brazil AF EMB-312 Tucano

CD48132 will be a 1/48 sheet designed to fit the brand-new Hobby Boss EMB-312 Tucano kit - I was able to fit four very attractive schemes in a two-page set. It will feature markings for:

-Brazilian AF T-27 Tucano "1361" in 30th anniversary special scheme

-Brazilian AF T-27 Tucano AFA trainer scheme

-Brazilian AF T-27 Tucano two-gray scheme

Coming as part of the late November/early December batch of releases.

cd48132promo1.jpg

Edited by KursadA

Note that I am still doing another Tucano sheet (CD48125) with markings for operators other than Brazil (France, Iran, etc.) - that sheet will be released one month after this one. I just had to do the colorful Brazilian options first.

I have the kit in my hands. I am currently doing the final fit and dimension checks for my Brazilian AF decal sheet, so I can send it to Cartograf within a couple of days and release it by the end of this month.

All major dimensions check out with the drawings I prepared using photos and dimensional data from the manufacturer. Some panel lines are slightly off, but everything seems to be in place.

tucano1.jpg

tucano2.jpg

tucano3.jpg

That looks really nice! Thanks for the photos and for giving us a look at you decals, Kursad.

Which is exported more, the Embraer or Shorts version?

If they do a Shorts version I may end up getting all three Tucano/Super Tucanos. :sunrevolves:

Edited by DonSS3
Found the answer to my question.
1 hour ago, DonSS3 said:

That looks really nice! Thanks for the photos and for giving us a look at you decals, Kursad.

Which is exported more, the Embraer or Shorts version?

If they do a Shorts version I may end up getting all three Tucano/Super Tucanos. :sunrevolves:

Embraer exported far too many Tucanos than Shorts : the Shorts version is only flown in UK and perhaps a couple traditional UK defense customers like Kuwait. 

The fact that HB included decals for one Shorts example tells me that at least their decal guy did not notice the difference between the two variants. The kit is certainly not engineered to easily allow a Shorts version in the future.

That said, the Tucano is important enough for the UK market that I would be very surprised if the very active UK aftermarket scene does not come up with a conversion quickly. I will definitely do a RAF sheet when that happens - I already have a lot of artwork ready.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...