Academy F-16 Large Mouth Intake

It's been brought to my attention that the PayPal button was putting the NSI intake in the basket.

My apologies. Problem corrected.

You may need to clear your cookies if you've tried and failed to order. If this doesn't work then e-mail me and I'll send a PayPal invoice.

:cheers:

5 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

But, how about a NSI intake for the Tamiya F-16?

What's wrong with the Tamiya inlet ?  The Academy inlets were seriously f'd up but I thought  Tamiya did a decent job. 

The Tamiya blk52 Thunderbirds kit costs a fortune....if found....while the spare sprue with the NSI inlet parts has become also rare. A Zacto NSI inlet would be the super accessory for the Block 50 falcon owners who want a late blk -2 bird.

6 hours ago, Danaos said:

The Tamiya blk52 Thunderbirds kit costs a fortune....if found....while the spare sprue with the NSI inlet parts has become also rare. A Zacto NSI inlet would be the super accessory for the Block 50 falcon owners who want a late blk -2 bird.

This here Habu2! I had to locate a T-Birds kit in 1/32 for the inlet and nozzle etc. I would have rather bout an NSI Inlet from Chris and nozzle from GT Resins (if Chris didn't create one as well........) All is not lost. I will use the other parts to make a Block 30 Viper instead.

Edited by Mr Matt Foley

OK that makes sense.  I had only thought of this as a "correction" set the Academy kit so badly needs, not as a replacement for unobtainable Tamiya parts.

Either way, I'll be ordering one of these next payday.  :thumbsup:

On 10/1/2017 at 3:07 PM, Mr Matt Foley said:

Beautiful work as always. But, how about a NSI intake for the Tamiya F-16?

Making an intake like this (that fits!) is much more than gluing together a kit part and pouring a mold. Without substantial modification to the original parts the castings would be undersized due to shrinkage.

While the existing Tamiya parts may currently be difficult to find, they are pretty accurate in detail and shape so no "correction" set is really necessary.

Making a set because they are currently hard to find sounds like a gamble I'm not willing to take. With my luck they'd re-release the kit the moment I released the set.

28 minutes ago, Zactoman said:

Making an intake like this (that fits!) is much more than gluing together a kit part and pouring a mold. Without substantial modification to the original parts the castings would be undersized due to shrinkage.

While the existing Tamiya parts may currently be difficult to find, they are pretty accurate in detail and shape so no "correction" set is really necessary.

Making a set because they are currently hard to find sounds like a gamble I'm not willing to take. With my luck they'd re-release the kit the moment I released the set.

Understood Chris. Good business sense.

Hi Chris, what if you did do an NSI intake for the Tamiya kit and additional parts to make the A (B) (MLU) versions possible. Maybe team up with Mike from SierraHotel or KASL Hobby? The modelling community is waiting for this to become a reality...

Tim