Changes to Steel Beach

I wanted to update you on some changes I'm going to make to the Steel Beach Accessories line. I've been doing this for almost 14 years, which kind of surprised me when I did the math. Thanks to all of you who've helped make that happen. Lately, life has been getting extremely busy and I'm having a hard time keeping up with filling out of stock items. Because of that, I haven't had a chance to work on new projects I'd like to do, as well as not having much time at the bench to build for local museums, FSM, or even myself. The most important thing, however, is spending time with my wife and two daughters. One is only a couple years away from college, and I don't want to miss spending time with her. I've decided that I'm going to remove many of the older sets from the product list. Many need new molds made and some of the masters need repairing. I'm also not completely happy with some of the older masters. I will keep sets that have sold well and all sets from the past couple of years, but everything else will only be available until remaining stocks run out. If I get time down the road, I may make new molds, but I have to decide if it's worth it or not from a financial standpoint. 

Another change I'm making is in the materials I use. I've been using the same RTV/resin for most of these 14 years. I lost my supplier, however, and have had to find a new one, which I did. The best part of this is that the new material I'll be using looks to be better than the previous material.  

With that said, I will be releasing some new sets for the 1/48 Tamiya F-14 Tomcat in the next couple weeks. While there are rumors of a Tamiya F-14D, I don't think it's going to happen. Ditto with the AMK kit. If they do, I'll be extremely happy. In the meantime, though, I'll release a conversion for the Tamiya kit for those that don't want to wait. Here's what's coming:

1/48 F-14D conversion for Tamiya kit

1/48 F-14A Late update for Tamiya kit

1/48 LANTIRN update for Tamiya kit

1/48 F-14B conversion for Tamiya kit (I've separated out the LANTIRN parts from the earlier conversion and dropped the price)

As always, thank you very much for your support and know that your business is appreciated.

Darren, best of luck with your future endeavors. I do have one question, can you perhaps provide a quick list of the items you will no longer produce going forward. That way, if someone is interested in that item, they can attempt to locate it before it is no longer available. Thanks,

Rick