ARC Discussion Forums
Peterpools

HB 1/48 F-14A Tomcat: Update 10/6/17: Underway

Thanks Patrick

Finally getting some bench time and making progress again with a small update by Thanksgiving. 

Peter

Thanks Steve

You’re right on the money and at least I’m

moving forward again. Somehow building in sub assemblies the work doesn’t seem as much but then when it all comes together: presto - magical progress. I’ll be doing one more small update by Thanksgiving with a bunch of sub-assembly work now finished and then progress should pick with everything starting to coming together

Peter

Thanks JN

Much appreciated but my vote would be to build the Tamiya Tomcat - it’s lightyears ahead of the HB kit in fit and fuss. I have the Tamiya kit and surely will be building it this coming year. Now if only if someone would present us 48th scale Grumman Guys with state of the art, I surely would be a happy camper:

F11F1 Tiger

F9F-5 Panther

F7F-3 Tigercat 

Peter

4 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Thanks JN

Much appreciated but my vote would be to build the Tamiya Tomcat - it’s lightyears ahead of the HB kit in fit and fuss. I have the Tamiya kit and surely will be building it this coming year. Now if only if someone would present us 48th scale Grumman Guys with state of the art, I surely would be a happy camper:

F11F1 Tiger

F9F-5 Panther

F7F-3 Tigercat 

Peter

Bro,

you already know how much I like the work your doing, the HB kit certainly has it's challenges. That's why I said I'm going with the Tamiya kit for a -A. 

As for your list, I really don't think we'll ever see a new F7F offering, just the Italeri kit, and hopefully a little more AM to kick it up a notch or two.  I also can't see why no one does an F11F1 Tiger as there are numerous examples of just about every 1st generation Naval jet out there that's been molded in the last 10 years or so.  As for the Panther and Cougar, we've got enough new kits, to bad almost all of them are really lacking, with the Kitty Hawk Cougar coming so close, yet it has major issues. I do remember seeing Darrel Roberts Cougar build here, so it's more then doable. 

Joel

JA

We can only hope but the Italeri F7F-3 Tigercat, it looks like the it's going to be the only game in town. Of course, my great want is a F11F1 Super Tiger  and except for the resin offering, nothing around at all. never could understand it.

Bro