Specific kits you sold and bought back later?

Funny you asked, I just re-purchased the 1/48 Monogram F-4C Phantom a few minutes ago. I have built, sold, bought, sold, bought, built, sold, and bought those Monogram/Revell Phantoms so many times over the years. I am not sure if I have a love or a hate relationship with them...

I have switched interests a few times. At one point, I decided to focus on car models and purged a good number of planes. The ones I ended up buying again:

monogram b-36

Monogram F-104

Monogram F-84F

Hasegawa F-4C/D (I got sucked in by a limited issue Bicentennial boxing .. this was before the academy phantoms)

Hasegawa 1/32 TA-4J

The inverse of your question about getting an improved kit of the subject, once ZM announced the F-4S, I got a good price on a Hasegawa F-4S, a kit which until that point, I did not see very often on ebay.

Edited by Kurt H.

I sold my Trumpeter 1/32nd F-105D and F-105G, complete with ALL available aftermarket to raise money for bills a few years back. Regret it to this day, and I WILL be purchasing at least the D back... The money invested in the kits was substantial, and I don't think I recovered a third. 

I sold a bunch of kits that year, and regret many. there were quite a few hard to find kits, but eventually I'll gt back the most important ones. The F-105's were the hardest.

Actually, the one I'm working on now:  Revell/Monogram P-47N.  The first one I got, I botched the paint job pretty badly and I ended up tossing the kit because I was stupid and didn't know any better.  The second one I bought, I ended up trading for another kit.  This is the third RM P-47N I've owned and it's going together like a dream.  I'm in the painting phase now and it's going better than I had hoped.  There's nothing better than a Revell/Monogram kit. 

Eric

I actually sold and bought the same kit. Sold an Italeri Ah-1 at a club swap meet. About a year later I decided I needed another one. Went to a shop in the same town the swap meet had been and found one. Got home and looked closer at the box, and it still had my hand writing on it. 

45 minutes ago, jbryan911 said:

I actually sold and bought the same kit. Sold an Italeri Ah-1 at a club swap meet. About a year later I decided I needed another one. Went to a shop in the same town the swap meet had been and found one. Got home and looked closer at the box, and it still had my hand writing on it. 

Ha! You literally re bought the same kit!

1 hour ago, jbryan911 said:

Winner.....