hi everybody.

just finished a meng 1/72 delta dagger and wanted to show it off :thumbsup:

i am very happy with this keflavik black knight...let me say blatantly that i really love it, many modeling imperfections notwithstanding.

indeed, let me say that this so much celebrated meng has failed my expectations.
they make gigantic injection pins that override the rim of the part and extend on the surface of the part itself.

so you have to cut from the sprue and then cut away and carefully sand, a bump that protrudes e.g. from the surface of a gear door.

some small parts just break when you try to sepatrate them from the sprue.  and so on.
wrong lenght parts, a wrong-shaped canopy that can't stay properly closed, and some steps of crazy engineering.
instructions aren't of great help in solving the puzzle of those steps.
even cartograf decals (i used some in addition to the 57th fis keflavik xtradecal sheet) lack of adhesivity and i had to use diluted white glue to set them.

so, all in all, a beautiful model as for detailing, but not  exactely the piece of cake they said the build would have been.

a notice to those who want to build arctic colored aircrafts: after a lot of searching and testing, vallejo model air 71.086 "light red" IS f.s. 28913, perfect for the "conspicuity red" of the early sixties, after the insigna red period and before the fluo red one.

as in general i don't like much vallejo, i know what i am saying.

here's the link to the google photo album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rvXAWGJTWAMZPLk82

thank you for watching.

hope you enjoy!

best ciaos, and happy modeling!

bobo.

Just checked out your photo album, and the finished model is most impressive with it's NMF and Artic Red markings.   One would be hard  pressed to tell by those pics of all the issues you had with the build. 

Honestly, I'm still leaning to eventually getting Ming's F102 and F106 kits, as they're the only game in town these days. I'd certainly prefer a up to date 1/48 for each aircraft, but they don't seem to be on the horizon quite yet.

Joel

hi joel.

thank you for your  nice words on my sweetheart.

you're perfectly right looking for meng dagger and dart. they are good kits.

i wanted to tell of the mishaps just as a form of short review in a direction more realistic about the real quality of the so much praised meng.

nice kits, but with some issues that say, monogram, never had in my experience.

best ciaos. bobo.