Revell F/A-18E Super Hornet questions

Hello -

I have just recently begun building 1/48 jets. My first build is the F/A-18 by Revell. I am confused as to how the vents, parts 114 and 115, fit and/or are attached. Can anyone provide a picture of how the installed vents should look? Also, can anyone recommend an after market cockpit? I have not been able to locate one by searching the internet. Thank you in advance for any help. Name's Tim.

Edited by NZ7C

No need for an aftermarket cockpit, it's pretty good as is actually, all it needs is a JHMCS sensor and maybe a pilot. As for the vents, sorry, I'm at work or I'd be able to show you. Good kit to start off with, good luck.

Jeff

Hey Tim. I think most cockpits for the super bug are designed for the Hasegawa kits. I do however believe that I have seen a cockpit for the Revell Echo model. Did you try over at Squadron? Avionics may make one. You could also try Eduard to see if they have one of their color Zoom pits for it. It will lack dimension being flat, but in 1/48 it probably is not a big deal.

Thank you Jeff - I'll go with that re the cockpit and I just figured out the vents - it was a "dah" moment - so I'm all set and having fun! Thanks for the help.

Tim

Edited by NZ7C