Mirage F-1/M53

Hello, 

Does anyone of you have details on this poposed fighter. What are the differences between this plane and the normal Mirage F-1? 

Is it still somewhere and are there any detailshots of this plane. 

I want to build one in 1/72 scale. 

TIA

Dick van Faassen

Hi

The Mirage F1 M53, actually with the Mirage 2000 engine, was the contender for the Century Market of some NATO fighters against the GD F-16.

Belgium, The Netherlands, Norway and Denmark chose the F-16A/B.

Patrick

It was designated F1-E. There is not much about it on the internet as it has been a single prototype. I ve read it was longer (50ft 11.5in) than the regular F1-C (49ft 26in), the air intakes and their shock cones were enlarged and the landing gear was strengthened. From the pictures, the nose cone / fuselage junction was slanted and the nose itself seems more ogival to me. The rest of the airframe including the wings is pretty much the same as the standard F1-C. I think that you best bet is to seek for articles and pictures  of Le Bourget airshow of 1975.

As Patrick l'Arpete wrote it in the post above, the F1-E has been designed as a F-16 contender and as soon the F-16 was chosen by NATO european countries, the F-1E programme came to an end in may 1976.

Edited by squezzer