1/48 F-14B VF-143 AG102

2 hours ago, Petrov27 said:

wow - that is fantastic! Do you have a build posting that describes how the finish was achieved?

Sorry  no wip for this build, but if you look back in the forums there are some old ones about my models.

Fantastic weathering job on her, she really looks awesome !! Something to consider for your next Tomcat build, that small blade antenna on the starboard side nose gear door should be sanded off. They were not present on B models. There should also be a small gray notch, at the lower LH corner of the gun blast muzzle which, often gets missed by most modelers.

IMG_5830_zpsdn1vjx9l.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally a correct tomcat wheatering! I was thinking that no one would make the wheatering like the real planes: With the lighter paint at the border of the upper panels!

For sure, I would be very grateful if you could report how you got to that level of detail in the painting. It could be at least a description of the processes used.

Congratulations!

Cheers, Paulo.

Edited by Paulão - Tchwrma
Spelling corrections

Thanks for your words,

if you check back in my posts you will find some of mine WIP.

Anyway I did a DVD about the weatering techinques for US Navy jets:

http://digilander.libero.it/f12aaadesign/DVD/DVD.htm

10 hours ago, Paulão - Tchwrma said:

Finally a correct tomcat wheatering! I was thinking that no one would make the wheatering like the real planes: With the lighter paint at the border of the upper panels!

For sure, I would be very grateful if you could report how you got to that level of detail in the painting. It could be at least a description of the processes used.

Congratulations!

Cheers, Paulo.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, crackerjazz said:

Wow I missed this, too.   I didn't know a Hobby Boss can build up that nicely.  I guess it's really in the hands of the builder.   Jaw-dropping paintjob/weathering.    Need to get that vid, too!

Once you identify and correct the issues...mainly the intake angle...the rest of th ekit is really nice. What is also needed is to shorten the main LG legs...otherwise the cat sits too high.

cheers

Uwe

On 25.11.2017 at 12:49 PM, f12aaa said:

Sorry but the DVDs are out of stock, only the downloadable version is still available but it's exactly the same.

I do not see a download option on your page...just the 40EUR DVD option...

What is the process for the download, please?

thanks

Uwe

• 3 weeks later...