Question on hasegawa 1:48 F-16C

According to the list on modeling madness, it's a Block 25:

F-16C Block 25:

06103 is similar to the early F-16A kits but includes the tail with larger base and a revised instrument panel to do an F-16C Block 25.  The later style gun vent, different ECS vent, and ammo door are molded into the fuselage parts.  Note: This fuselage tree is only used on 06101 (second) and 06103 F-16C.

Yeah,  block 32 is possible, and if you could get the alternate intake and GE engine sprue from another Hasegawa kit you could also do a block 30 (which I just did with that kit).  All of the Hasegawa kits contain the same basic fuselage sprues. Its just a matter of the landing gear/engine/antenna parts to do any block.

The box art is a block 32. You can tell by the blade antenna at the base of the vertical stabilizer, the antenna bumps on the side of the vertical stabilizer, and the grooves on the turkey feathers.

Like Camus272 said, it will likely have the sprues for a GE engine instead of the Pratt & Whitney engine shown in the box art.

Vern

The Modeling Madness list has parts break down of the Hasegawa F-16 kits.

Along with other Hasegawa aircraft kits, as that company rarely has everything for more than 1 variant in a box. 

You'll need to scroll down , as they're listed below the Phantom II's & Eagles...

http://modelingmadness.com/splfeat/kr/has48d.htm

According to the list, your linked kit #06103 is PW exhaust.

The GE exhaust kits require parts trees 'H' & 'L' to be in the box, according to the list, which is the next kit numerically at #06104 

It's listed as a block 30.

According to f16.net, Block 32 were PW F100, Block 30 were GE F110 engines.

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions_article6.html

I'm definitely no expert, but the two linked websites I find helpful.

Hopefully they can help you determine which kit you'll need for whichever Block 30/32 you wish to do.

Most of the Hasegawa F-16 info on the modeling madness website came from my old habu2.net website (R.I.P.)

You can find it on the wayback machine at

http://web.archive.org/web/20080102151609fw_/http://www.habu2.net:80/vipers/index.html

It covers all F-16 kits by all manufacturers and all scales (not just Hasegawa 48th) available thru ~2006 (when my web host went away) 

I tried to identify the Block number(s) each kit builds out of the box, as well as the correct Block (and sub-block) ID for markings on both kit and aftermarket decal sheets.  You can look for Block 25 decals on my old site but it does not have any info on decals released in the last 10 years or so, as I stopped updating it when I lost my web host. 

Edited by habu2
Clarification
14 hours ago, admiralcag said:

The box art is a block 32. You can tell by the blade antenna at the base of the vertical stabilizer, the antenna bumps on the side of the vertical stabilizer, and the grooves on the turkey feathers.

Like Camus272 said, it will likely have the sprues for a GE engine instead of the Pratt & Whitney engine shown in the box art.

Out of the box it can only be built as a Block 25.  It does not have parts for ASPJ (see below) or any other inlet or engine. 

The box art is a Block 25, the markings shown are specific to a Block 25E. 

The blade antenna is present on the base of the tail on all F-16C/D jets without the dorsal spine. (on D-models with the dorsal spine the antenna is on top of the spine) Actually the blade antenna is present on all A/B jets as well - but it is inside the tail base.  It was moved outside on C/D jets to make room for more equipment inside the tail. 

The "antenna bumps" on the side are not antennas, they are to provide clearance for the hydraulic reservoirs for the control surface actuators and are present on all F-16C/D jets thru block 52. 

A Block 25 tail is unique in that it was not designed for the ASPJ system - there is no cooling air inlet on the leading edge of the tail base and no exhaust vents on the sides of the tail base. Block 30/32 C-model tails had the cooling provisions for ASPJ but it was never installed (in USAF jets). D-models of any block had tails like the 25 tail because ASPJ was never an option on the 2-seaters (again USAF jets). 

The box art depicts a P&W F100 engine, and only parts for the F100 are included in that release, no GE tailpipe parts.  The GE exhaust (and the ASPJ parts) first appeared in the next release in the series, 06104. 

Edited by habu2
clarification
11 hours ago, Auger said:

Along with other Hasegawa aircraft kits, as that company rarely has everything for more than 1 variant in a box. 

That's mostly the case, but all their F-16 kits have the old landing gear and exhaust, so when they add the new exhaust and gear there are possible choices. The CJ kit can then be a 50 or 52, as well as a 25, 30, or 32 depending on omissions of this and that and the tail modifications mentioned. Block 40/42 requires some added parts. 

Edited by camus27