Aires F-15E Exhaust assembly help

Hi all, 

Need some help with assembling the Aires F15e exhaust set (172 Academy). 

There are no directions to speak of and this is the first time I am dealing with resin parts. I also cannot seem to find any kind of step by step from Aires or any other modeler anywhere on the interwebs. Feeling a bit lost, so any help would be greatly appreciated! 

For ref: 

JWCz8Yi.jpg

What specifically are you looking for?  If it's a general 'how do I use resin parts'...

Cut the pieces off their casting blocks with either a fine razor saw or a sharp X-acto.

Carefully sand/file edges to clean up the parts.  Resin is somewhat brittle, so be gentle.

Glue with either superglue or epoxy.  Superglue is fine for most assembly; epoxy is good if you need a bit of time to position or align parts.

(in this case, I'd CA the fan and turkey feathers to the tube, and use epoxy to attach the actuators)

To precisely apply the superglue or epoxy, use a cut off sewing needle, or make a tiny loop in the end of some fine wire, and squeeze out a puddle of glue onto a bottlecap or tin foil or plastic lid or some tape stuck on your bench.  

• 3 weeks later...

So now I am facing another issue. 

Since i built the F15e kit with the stock exhaust tubes and not the aires ones, I am forced to make a choice here as I near completion. 

If I choose to use the aires bits, I will have to shave down (presumably with a dremel tool) this section: 

3xkkYNr.png 

And then glue this bit on: 

6RuFHJo.png 

That would necessitate me cutting just that bit off of the Aires tubes, which will allow the exhaust nozzles to fit inside like below: 

2724a71793bd6f6144234a78ecea3f1c.image.867x950.jpg 

So the question is, is it worth it at this point, when I am on the last step of the build. Should I save these parts for a future build? Or move forward and make the current one as detailed and accurate looking as possible. 

9 hours ago, Flyboy3394 said:

So now I am facing another issue. 

Since i built the F15e kit with the stock exhaust tubes and not the aires ones, I am forced to make a choice here as I near completion. 

If I choose to use the aires bits, I will have to shave down (presumably with a dremel tool) this section: 

3xkkYNr.png 

And then glue this bit on: 

6RuFHJo.png 

That would necessitate me cutting just that bit off of the Aires tubes, which will allow the exhaust nozzles to fit inside like below: 

2724a71793bd6f6144234a78ecea3f1c.image.867x950.jpg 

So the question is, is it worth it at this point, when I am on the last step of the build. Should I save these parts for a future build? Or move forward and make the current one as detailed and accurate looking as possible. 

Save ‘em.  Get this kit under your belt and try resin on the next one.  👍🏻