Repair advice for a resin composite aircraft

I'd like some advice on repairing a S-3 Viking (looks to be slightly larger than 1/72 scale) for a co-worker of mine.  Looking at the break on the tail, it looks to be some sort of resin / composite that I haven't worked with before.

The immediate things for repair that come to mind are either, 5 minute epoxy, Gorilla Super Glue, or something I haven't tried yet - E6000 adhesive.

Any other thoughts or opinions of the repair of this.  Fortunately, the break is pretty clean - but I don't want the repair to be fragile.  Thanks for any advice.

kuFV7vV.jpg

If the fit is very tight and precise, any good quality modeling super glue should suffice. If the fit is a little ragged, I'd recommend a thicker variety of CA.

In either case, I would carefully drill both parts to let you install small pieces of music wire, etc. as re-enforcement. 

CA glue (indeed most glues) have little shear strength, and in any event, the resin itself could shear apart if bumped again. The wire re-enforcement will help guard against human error.

Good luck,

Ed

Edited by TheRealMrEd
typo

I suggest epoxy glue with a mechanical reinforcement as suggested by TheRealMrEd. I've used this approach quite successfully on full resin kits (see my current sig).

I caution against CA for resin-to-resin as in my unfortunate experience, even the slow-cure stuff can sometimes set instantaneously.