2 hours ago, Waco said:

SJW?

What bias was the shirtless scene trying to create?

thats to send the message to you if you are gay its ok to look at that, also since he's a kid in some ways its a shout out to the new group "pedosexuals"  and seriously some crappy speeder type vehicle with skis?  you got to bomb like WWII with a norden bomb sight and maintain speed and course? they havent invented JDAMs and LGBs?  you can travel faster than light but you bomb with 1940s tech? Luke Skywalker looks like some old pothead, maybe that green milk is pot and Rey is some uptight narc.  Youre in the middle of an important mission and you decide to engage in domestic terrorism and decide to  vandalize Vegas and kill some cops? fake news-little kids care for race horse type creatures worth millions and it pays to abuse your investment.  Nobody can find the famous Jedi Island? Don't eat Porgs be a vegetarian!  They change the name from the Rebel Aliiance to the "resistance"  Notice how al the Rebellion members look dirty unclean, unshaven, unfit, we should admire the people on welfare?  Lax parenting (it takes a village..no it doesn't  control your dman kid) created Kylo Ren, they sent him off to a teacher who abused him.  This needs a reboot, first of all lets start building proper models for special effects 

Edited by DarkKnight

Wow, I think you are reading WAY too much into this, or you're reading FAR too much from dark, overly analytical corners of the internet.  There are a lot of issues with The Last Jedi, and I can't say I loved every creative choice they made, but some of the things you're ranting about are non-issues or things you're reading in of your own accord.  Or perhaps you've read them elsewhere, and are making an unnecessarily angry stand on issues you didn't fully think through.

Let's talk about the shirtless Kylo Ren scene first, shall we?  I've seen a lot of people complaining about this scene, and frankly, I don't get it.  It was a very brief moment in the movie, and it was meant to push uncomfortable physical intimacy onto Rey to make her even more uncomfortable.  Remember, neither of them can control these links, they're being pushed upon them by Snoke.  And neither of them wanted nor was ready for this particular connection:  Rey is storming around Ach-To to confront Luke and is angry and disheartened, and Kylo is in his personal quarters, probably fuming over his last encounter with Snoke and is in the middle of changing.  They both say they'd, "rather not do this right now."  Rey being uncomfortable with him being partially disrobed just increases her distaste for the moment, making it even more disquieting, and more uncomfortable for her.  In that sense, the scene works extremely well.  I'm not sure how on earth you get that interpretation from a shirtless male, but if you're THAT uncomfortable with lack of clothing, how do you even go to the beach?  Serious question there.  And I've read elsewhere, "there was no point to him being shirtless, Star War doesn't need nudity."  Yeah....good thing they've never shown a Star Wars lead character in a state of undress before:

418b01e5e43ed7086015a5826ea9d2f5.jpg

Or worse, good thing they've never tried to use undress to objectify a Star Wars lead!

latest?cb=20161003050632

Moving on....

Your complaints about the Rebels/Resistance looking scruffy seems odd to me.  Yes, they are constantly on the run.  The Rebels have ALWAYS looked scruffy in Star Wars movies: 

878b8c2ae2387599712e9077e2d81a68--classi

It's part of how you visually depict an undermanned, under-resourced, underdog who is fighting a vastly superior military force.  So I don't get that.  You've also made two references to "fat, out of shape."  I'm curious as to who you found to be, "fat and out of shape" in the film, because that doesn't resonate with me.  I'll tell you what I do remember though!  A scruffy, overweight guy from the first film, Star Wars!  That's right, before it was even called, "A New Hope," the first Star Wars film had a scruffy, overweight guy....hell, they even called him, "Porkins," for crying out loud:

500?cb=20111104223725

So I don't think this is some new phenomenon, even if there is a fat, out of shape character in TLJ (and I really can't remember one, so I don't think it was a lead).  And speaking of leads, your complaint about female leadership in the Rebellion/Resistance seems equally poorly placed.  This is hardly the first time they've used female leads in this universe:

Image-0-Header1-2400x1200-524368226854.j

There are others:  Padme Amidala, Leia, Jyn Erso....in fact, if you include the EU or many, many comic storylines, there are probably more named, human women leaders than there are male throughout Star Wars.  Seems Geekdom has long looked up to women leaders in Sci Fi.  Go figure.

Look, I think the film has some serious issues.  Personally, the slow-speed space chase throughout the entire film drove me insane.  You want to have relentless enemy pursuit across the galaxy, even following through seemingly impossible light-speed jumps, fine...there are ways to make that narrative work.  Personally, I recommend the episode, "33" from the early 2000s Battlestar Galactica, because they did it perfectly.  The way it was handled in TLJ was maddening.  Personally, I feel very few stakes for any of these new characters, because they're mostly flat, singular tropes, with very little depth. 

But the accusations you're making?  Yeah, dude, I think you're really, really reaching. 

its run by that SJW propaganda machine Disney, as for the Ren shirtless, I didnt notice, the movie just felt forced, perhaps an unsophisticated homage to empire.  wrong about scruffy in the first movie, Rebels all in uniform, kind of look like Luftwaffe Fallshchirmjager, and Luke is smartly dressed in clean back uniform.  General purple hair is a shout out to all the loser millennials you see at the mall rockin the same look, as if, you can be a nonconformist with bad grades and become a general someday,  The past Rebel Alliance was like the Confederate Army.  As for Porkins, Hermann Goering was fat too, and in the new movie they also kill a fat guy ad maybe an asian pilot too. I thought i posted this already, sorry if its a repeat of sorts, I too enjoyed 33, the nuBSG was pretty good as was the old one, the new SW just seems lacking, its like a few hipsters at down t a coffee house and wrote a crappy script.  I miss the old SW for tis awesome real models special effects, and I enjoyed Slave Leia and Solo wasting greedo, it was good versus evil and redemption.  Hopefully the  last part can be more coherent

Edited by DarkKnight
2 hours ago, Waco said:

Wow, I think you are reading WAY too much into this, or you're reading FAR too much from dark, overly analytical corners of the internet.  There are a lot of issues with The Last Jedi, and I can't say I loved every creative choice they made, but some of the things you're ranting about are non-issues or things you're reading in of your own accord.  Or perhaps you've read them elsewhere, and are making an unnecessarily angry stand on issues you didn't fully think through.

Let's talk about the shirtless Kylo Ren scene first, shall we?  I've seen a lot of people complaining about this scene, and frankly, I don't get it.  It was a very brief moment in the movie, and it was meant to push uncomfortable physical intimacy onto Rey to make her even more uncomfortable.  Remember, neither of them can control these links, they're being pushed upon them by Snoke.  And neither of them wanted nor was ready for this particular connection:  Rey is storming around Ach-To to confront Luke and is angry and disheartened, and Kylo is in his personal quarters, probably fuming over his last encounter with Snoke and is in the middle of changing.  They both say they'd, "rather not do this right now."  Rey being uncomfortable with him being partially disrobed just increases her distaste for the moment, making it even more disquieting, and more uncomfortable for her.  In that sense, the scene works extremely well.  I'm not sure how on earth you get that interpretation from a shirtless male, but if you're THAT uncomfortable with lack of clothing, how do you even go to the beach?  Serious question there.  And I've read elsewhere, "there was no point to him being shirtless, Star War doesn't need nudity."  Yeah....good thing they've never shown a Star Wars lead character in a state of undress before:

418b01e5e43ed7086015a5826ea9d2f5.jpg

Or worse, good thing they've never tried to use undress to objectify a Star Wars lead!

latest?cb=20161003050632

Moving on....

Your complaints about the Rebels/Resistance looking scruffy seems odd to me.  Yes, they are constantly on the run.  The Rebels have ALWAYS looked scruffy in Star Wars movies: 

878b8c2ae2387599712e9077e2d81a68--classi

It's part of how you visually depict an undermanned, under-resourced, underdog who is fighting a vastly superior military force.  So I don't get that.  You've also made two references to "fat, out of shape."  I'm curious as to who you found to be, "fat and out of shape" in the film, because that doesn't resonate with me.  I'll tell you what I do remember though!  A scruffy, overweight guy from the first film, Star Wars!  That's right, before it was even called, "A New Hope," the first Star Wars film had a scruffy, overweight guy....hell, they even called him, "Porkins," for crying out loud:

500?cb=20111104223725

So I don't think this is some new phenomenon, even if there is a fat, out of shape character in TLJ (and I really can't remember one, so I don't think it was a lead).  And speaking of leads, your complaint about female leadership in the Rebellion/Resistance seems equally poorly placed.  This is hardly the first time they've used female leads in this universe:

Image-0-Header1-2400x1200-524368226854.j

There are others:  Padme Amidala, Leia, Jyn Erso....in fact, if you include the EU or many, many comic storylines, there are probably more named, human women leaders than there are male throughout Star Wars.  Seems Geekdom has long looked up to women leaders in Sci Fi.  Go figure.

Look, I think the film has some serious issues.  Personally, the slow-speed space chase throughout the entire film drove me insane.  You want to have relentless enemy pursuit across the galaxy, even following through seemingly impossible light-speed jumps, fine...there are ways to make that narrative work.  Personally, I recommend the episode, "33" from the early 2000s Battlestar Galactica, because they did it perfectly.  The way it was handled in TLJ was maddening.  Personally, I feel very few stakes for any of these new characters, because they're mostly flat, singular tropes, with very little depth. 

But the accusations you're making?  Yeah, dude, I think you're really, really reaching. 

All EXCELLENT points, Waco, well put! :cheers: 

Still hated the film though, on other points I already mentioned. 

Still hated the film though, on other points I already mentioned. 

There's plenty of reasons to dislike the film.  The opening space battle was a huge disappointment to me.  I don't know why the latest round of movie makers can't seem to put together an interesting space battle, but one X-Wing against a fleet of Star Destroyers (and a.....Dreadnought?  I dunno, it's hard to be intimidated by something that didn't make it past the first scene) is NOT what I'd like to see.  Battle of Yavin, Battle of Endor, heck, even the Battle of Scarrif's space component were far better examples.  This was like something out of the Iliad....single man epic combat?  I didn't get it.

Like I said, lots of things to dislike, but there were some interesting creative decisions that help move the Star Wars universe forward as well.  You may not like or agree with them, but they're there.

My point was...and I stand by it...some of the criticism being levied against the film says a lot more about the writers' personal political views than it does about the films.  People are looking for outrage, and they're finding it....sometimes in some very strange places, as I described above.

Well I took my oldest daughter to see it and I have mixed feelings. Overall a good movie. The Star Wars geek in me loved that I was seeing SOME cool new ships and some familiar things. The father of two little girls in me liked that there were some female lead characters in it to have fun with and dream. The old conservative guy in me DID see some SJW things but overall I could over look most of it. (I actually think the shirtless thing was somewhat to show his scar being more than we thought before and not some weird SJ thing, but I could be wrong) Sure, SW has had female leads before but you have to admit that there was a not too subtle abundance of "man dumb, woman smart" going on. I'm ok with it for a bit but I didn't see the necessity of it actually. but whatever. Saving the "horses"? OK. whatever, but to say it was worth possibly losing the entire Rebellion over it....meh....gotta disagree with you there lil' missy. My daughter was really upset about Luke, but like I told her, we didn't really SEE him die in the truest sense. So there may be more to come of him. And to those that say they didn't believe Luke would be so flawed. Remember, Luke was ALWAYS flawed "never seeing where he was, what he was doing..." I could totally see him being lazy and/or turned off by the force after a while. Super-Lei-Woman....yeah not so much but not as bad as I thought since I knew it was coming before I saw the movie. I'll buy it and I'll watch it. Heck, even the gorilla walkers didn't bother me too much. They had smaller ones with them. I could totally buy into the First Order going overboard with them. Look at what the Germans did on some of their crazy big weapons. It's all good. Overall a reluctant thumb up.

Bill

Edited by niart17
On 1/1/2018 at 5:29 PM, DarkKnight said:

its run by that SJW propaganda machine Disney, as for the Ren shirtless, I didnt notice, the movie just felt forced, perhaps an unsophisticated homage to empire.  wrong about scruffy in the first movie, Rebels all in uniform, kind of look like Luftwaffe Fallshchirmjager, and Luke is smartly dressed in clean back uniform.  General purple hair is a shout out to all the loser millennials you see at the mall rockin the same look, as if, you can be a nonconformist with bad grades and become a general someday,  The past Rebel Alliance was like the Confederate Army.  As for Porkins, Hermann Goering was fat too, and in the new movie they also kill a fat guy ad maybe an asian pilot too. I thought i posted this already, sorry if its a repeat of sorts, I too enjoyed 33, the nuBSG was pretty good as was the old one, the new SW just seems lacking, its like a few hipsters at down t a coffee house and wrote a crappy script.  I miss the old SW for tis awesome real models special effects, and I enjoyed Slave Leia and Solo wasting greedo, it was good versus evil and redemption.  Hopefully the  last part can be more coherent

You were offended by purple hair in Star Wars?  You can't be serious.   

Glad to see we mostly agree that TLJ was a pile of doggy doo.
Rogue One was a good Star Wars movie, TFA was an ok Star Wsrs movie. TLJ for me was a Star Wars movie in name only. Just as the lastest effort in the Star Trek universe. Discovery is Star Trek in name only.

On 02/01/2018 at 8:59 AM, DarkKnight said:

Thumbs up from me. Agree Agree Agree. This was an exercise in how to make an SJW movie. Could they fit more diversity into a movie. For god sake give me the last camp scene of Blazing Saddles any day.

On 1/1/2018 at 4:26 PM, Waco said:

Wo

latest?cb=20161003050632

Mmm... now I remember why I liked Star Wars.   With regard to the latest, I just find it way too formulaic.   Is it me or has this series run it's course?  Thinking that Blade Runner 2.0 is the future of Sci-Fi.      

here is why this movie is idiotic https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/22/movies/star-wars-last-jedi-women-run-universe.html

you might be disappointed to hear reality, diversity is not our strength, it is making diverse people conform and then using their talents properly that works, thats what makes a military run properly.  This might be news to some of hollywood involved in the emasculation of  the American male, but I am stronger faster and more aggressive than most women, I will win in a physical contest, thats called science.  Star Wars went from enjoyable fantasy, to ridiculous poorly written drivel

My rather boring opinion FWIW....I liked it, as did my 9 year old Son who is a new generation of SW fan (pretty much all of his friends who have seen it have liked it as well). In all, not the worst SW movie as far as I am concerned but not the best either. To be honest, as an avid reader and collector of the SW novels and comics/graphic novels I think they (written material) are far better, far more detailed, far more chronological, and far more entertaining then any of the recent movies. Just avoid Chuck Wendig's books at all cost...you've been warned!

As an aside, the new toys are awesome and a massive improvement over TFA and Rogue One's toys. Yes, I do play with them with my Son (The Force Link feature is really cool :rolleyes:). Kylo Rens TIE rocks and is one of my new favorite SW ships (but I've always liked the TIE Interceptors so its not much of a stretch). I just wish they made a new  3.75" AT-AT as I liked the look of those up-armored walkers :thumbsup:. The Black Series 6" figures are well detailed and I managed to get them all to maintain the complete collection (Admiral Thrawn looks great!).

Looking forward to the next SW movie!

Regards,

Don

9 hours ago, Waco said:

Seriously, WTF is "SJW?"  I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

"Social Justice Warriors"

I haven't seen the movie, but I do agree with both sides of the argument. JJ Abrams has stated numerous times that he likes to interject his left-leaning views into his work, however, some folks seem to look too hard in order to find something that they disagree with. For example, Abrams spoke about the fact that he made sure that everyone knew that Lt Sulu from Star Trek was gay. People's heads exploded over this (and as if Star Trek needed to prove a social point, the series did plenty of that in the 1960s {Oh my God, a white guy kissed a black lady on national TV?......}). However, the cast point had no impact on the movie's story line, so making that point didn't really have an effect story-wise, it was Abrams showcasing his social views.

The major problem that I have with Abrams is that he doesn't show much originality when it comes to taking over established series such as Star Trek and Star Wars. I mean, The Force Awakens in which a huge planet destroying space station is destroyed by an X-wing fighter attack and a son confronts has father over their opposite views........where have we seen this before?.....

For me, I'm not really excited over The Last Jedi, and I'm not in a rush to go see it. In my opinion, Rogue One was a far better movie than The Force Awakens. Yeah, we know how the movie ends, however, the storyline was much more original. I'm not sure how I will feel about the new Han Solo movie that comes out next year. However, Ron Howard is the director, and he did a great job with Apollo 13........but I will need to see more.

1 hour ago, Don said:

As an aside, the new toys are awesome and a massive improvement over TFA and Rogue One's toys. Yes, I do play with them with my Son (The Force Link feature is really cool :rolleyes:). Kylo Rens TIE rocks and is one of my new favorite SW ships (but I've always liked the TIE Interceptors so its not much of a stretch). I just wish they made a new  3.75" AT-AT as I liked the look of those up-armored walkers :thumbsup:. The Black Series 6" figures are well detailed and I managed to get them all to maintain the complete collection (Admiral Thrawn looks great!).

Looking forward to the next SW movie!

Regards,

Don

The new Ban Dai kits RULE! I'm currently working on the 1/144 scale AT-AT (dose anyone realize that this kit is actually a snap model?).

28 minutes ago, Johnopfor said:

The new Ban Dai kits RULE! I'm currently working on the 1/144 scale AT-AT (dose anyone realize that this kit is actually a snap model?).

Couldn't agree more! Their classic and new gen X-Wing's are superb, their Snowspeeder was pure joy, and how can you not like their TIE's! I have their AT-ST but haven't built it but it looks like a winner. I'll grab a few more Ban Dai SW kits eventually but right now I've got my hands full with a couple 1/35 Tiger builds.

Regards.

The Bandai kits are awesome, the Perfect Grade Falcon is the best SW kit ever.  I would also criticize the movie for not enough focus on the ships, the dark colored x-wings and ties can be hard to see, for me as a model builder the spaceships are the stars too, we seem to get a lot of short dark glimpses 

Edited by DarkKnight
On 12/24/2017 at 7:52 PM, Raceaddict said:

TLJ turned everything on it's head.

The only way it "turns everything on its head" is if Rei goes to the dark side.

She didn't and she won't. If she had? well fasten your seatbelts. But no. But they killed teh guyze in teh r3d so good after smoke ded

On 1/6/2018 at 12:12 AM, 11bee said:

Thinking that Blade Runner 2.0 is the future of Sci-Fi.      

That movie blew me away just because I didn't think you would ever get a blade runner remake that wasn't Marvel-ized. Mind blown at slow pacing and lack of dumb action. 

On 1/1/2018 at 8:54 PM, Waco said:

There's plenty of reasons to dislike the film.  The opening space battle was a huge disappointment to me.  I don't know why the latest round of movie makers can't seem to put together an interesting space battle, but one X-Wing against a fleet of Star Destroyers (and a.....Dreadnought?  I dunno, it's hard to be intimidated by something that didn't make it past the first scene) is NOT what I'd like to see.  Battle of Yavin, Battle of Endor, heck, even the Battle of Scarrif's space component were far better examples.  This was like something out of the Iliad....single man epic combat?  I didn't get it.

Like I said, lots of things to dislike, but there were some interesting creative decisions that help move the Star Wars universe forward as well.  You may not like or agree with them, but they're there.

My point was...and I stand by it...some of the criticism being levied against the film says a lot more about the writers' personal political views than it does about the films.  People are looking for outrage, and they're finding it....sometimes in some very strange places, as I described above.

Its a very messy movie. What was so odd about it to me is this movie just goes from A to point C, with a stop in D, before going back to point A. We don't to get to B.

Leia is blown out of the bridge just to return to the bridge. Why not just have Poe drag her out without the space walk scene in there, the result is the same?

BB8 is just there to make magic happen when characters are cornered from appearing with ships to attacking with an ATST.  Dues ex BB-8

OMG that wasn't the real luke! Ha! Hes still alive. oh wait no hes dead (yes I know living force yadda yadda). Why not just kill him off on the actual battlefield?

Like I said its just messy.

The ticking clock aspect of the fleet and the fuel was interesting I guess, it just doesn't feel very star wars to me. The star felt very Marvel action to me. The Casino? I guess they needed something for the X storm trooper to do. And Poe can't use his X wing so hes got to do something too like lead a mutiny? it just felt very "episode of the week" as opposed to a full on star wars movie. Oh well. 

We now have 9 major star wars movies. NINE. Depending on who you ask about half of them are good. some say the last good one was made over 30 years ago.  But don't worry there are more on the way.  They just aren't going to have the same kind of pull that they did, whether thats bad movies, special effects being the norm, harder to impress/distracted audiences, or just plain lack of nostalgia feels or a combination I have no idea, but the bottom line is these movies are going to be more common and less special. They will be taken as a huge "whole" rather than which 1 or 2 or 3 its judged by like it was.  like it or not the originals are going to be just more star wars here soon. "the 70's and 80's ones" Not the ground breakers that they were. 

I see the same thing with the Alien series. Wow the first one! Classic! The second? well maybe EVEN BETTER OMG! A good sequel?! The third. Not good. The fourth? horrific. Prometheus? a disaster. all the Vs. Predator? Godawful. So I am a little tickled when people get excited for new aliens movies. Like they think its going to be 1979 again. or 1986. Have we not learned? you've been bitten like 6 times now. Maybe when 2 of like 8 are good, you get the message?

I tried to order the 9 star wars movies from favorite to least favorite and it went like this:

1. Empire

2. New Hope

3. Jedi

4. Oh

5. god

6. don't I can't 

7 Empire on Blu Ray

8. Empire on DVD

9 Empire on Lazer disc.

On 1/1/2018 at 1:33 PM, DarkKnight said:

you got to bomb like WWII with a norden bomb sight and maintain speed and course? they havent invented JDAMs and LGBs?  you can travel faster than light but you bomb with 1940s tech? ...

...change the name from the Rebel Aliiance to the "resistance"  Notice how al the Rebellion members look dirty unclean, unshaven, unfit, we should admire the people on welfare?  Lax parenting (it takes a village..no it doesn't  control your dman kid) created Kylo Ren, they sent him off to a teacher who abused him.  This needs a reboot, first of all lets start building proper models for special effects 

I'm the biggest anti post modernist, anti-SJW, anti identitiy politics person I know and I think you are reaching. One could also take the ladies running the show and not too doing so hot. or one could kylo Rens lax parenting as you know. A lesson?

I'm going  to take a wild guess and just say you don't seem to be too familiar with star wars or it history. No crap its like WWII. Thats what it is supposed to be like. Because no one thought of putting a warhead on an R2 Astromech and launching him at another fighter? well you could, but then you don't have space dog fighting daring do (just like you can apparently get a big old ship, throw on the old hyperspace and take out a whole fleet, and no one has thought of taking the purple hair out of the equation and using droids.) 

you must have also missed this gem:

According to George Lucas's commentary on the 2004 re-release of Return of the Jedi, the Ewoks were directly inspired by the forces that successfully defeated the US and South Vietnamese forces during the Vietnam War - the National Liberation Front, or Viet Cong.

Using a combination of guerrilla tactics and more traditional military engagement, the Viet Cong spent much of the 1960s and '70s fighting a highly successful war against the US armed forces, culminating in the latter's total withdrawal from Vietnam.

So do go on about the Social justice without realizing Lucas comes from Northern California/Bay Area and works in Hollywood. i'll let you do the math, and hopefully this ruined all the star wars for you forever, and not just the latest. 

Picture of what Whiny Star wars Millennial might look like:

5250e427aad0cd4aa298f0ec1244755c

Yep, that ship sailed years ago too

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Actually, Rian Johnson & JJ Abrams announced that they are working on a new Star Wars trilogy, so it looks like there will be at least 12 that you'll have to put into order of best to crap. Now, that's not including Rogue One, the Han Solo movie planned to be released later this year, and the Mandolorian Bountyhunters/Boba Fet movies not included in the Skywalker/Solo main story.

Edited by Johnopfor
10 hours ago, Johnopfor said:

Actually, Rian Johnson & JJ Abrams announced that they are working on a new Star Wars trilogy, so it looks like there will be at least 12 that you'll have to put into order of best to crap. Now, that's not including Rogue One, the Han Solo movie planned to be released later this year, and the Mandolorian Bountyhunters/Boba Fet movies not included in the Skywalker/Solo main story.

Exactly

We are going to get a new one every year. So if this year sucks? Oh well another out soon. I went to Disneyland last month and was amazed that there was more star wars swag than traditional Disney. It's going to be monetized fully. It's makes yogurts star wars the toilet paper look prophetic. It's very mainstream and you noe have basically 3 sets of movies for 3 generations.

And it's not just disney. These movies create an "ecosystem" they are so big that people make money on them 2nd and 3rd hand. Which is why everyone has to shout louder or be more countervailing than the last critic to get clicks and money. From movie reviewers to game makers to toy makers people make money on these movies well beyond just Disney

My brother in law refers to the originals as "the boring ones". This is heresy. But he was born in the 90s. The prequels are what he knows. 

I had no problem with the bombing runs per-se, the Empire already had "bombers" before. My only gripe about that scene was them DROPPING like bombs in gravity. PERHAPS one could argue that the ship they were bombing had a gravity field around it for some reason but I think that would be a stretch. But it is Sci-Fi so I rolled my eyes and chalked it up to artistic creativity without much of the creativity part. :rolleyes:

Bill

5 minutes ago, niart17 said:

I had no problem with the bombing runs per-se, the Empire already had "bombers" before. My only gripe about that scene was them DROPPING like bombs in gravity. PERHAPS one could argue that the ship they were bombing had a gravity field around it for some reason but I think that would be a stretch. But it is Sci-Fi so I rolled my eyes and chalked it up to artistic creativity without much of the creativity part. :rolleyes:

Bill

Turning dogfights between TIE fighters and X-wings also violate the physics of zero g but that's been the deal with Star Wars since day 1.