What is up with the macho testosterone going on here??? 

I find many posts here sexist. You guys are mad to think the movie is bad because of a woman. 

I despise Last Jedi as I wrote in this very topic and I mostly blame the director Rian Johnson. Kathleen Kennedy is to blame too but it has nothing to do with her being a woman. My reasoning why I hate the movie are in my previous post for the ones who care. I literally hate it. 

Also, one CAN definitely include all the political views they want in a movie. Actually I find movies with political messages more interesting. AND original Star Wars movie by Lucas has tons of political messages too. 

Important thing is the characters themselves not their sex or color and the story. Get real. 

Edited by foxmulder_ms
2 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

I find many posts here sexist. You guys are mad to think the movie is bad because of a woman. 

I despise Last Jedi as I wrote in this very topic and I mostly blame the director Rian Johnson. Kathleen Kennedy is to blame too but it has nothing to do with her being a woman. My reasoning why I hate the movie are in my previous post for the ones who care. I literally hate it. 

Also, one CAN definitely include all the political views they want in a movie. Actually I find movies with political messages more interesting. AND original Star Wars movie by Lucas has tons of political messages too. 

Important thing is the characters themselves not their sex or color and the story. Get real. 

If observing that Disney is sexist for hiring women, including women in their production staff and creating more female characters to appeal to women in order to make more money on women is sexist, you got me friend. I'm sexist. Or is it Disney that's sexist for targeting the ladies? 

Disney:we need more women In star wars so women will like it!

Me: they're putting more women In star wars so women Will like it

You: that's sexist! Such testosterone

Political correctness is such a fun thing. Pointing out the lack of diversity in their "diversity?" That's sexist? 

It's a fun game full of paradoxes. It's almost like it's subjective and a power exercise. 

One doesn't get to have it both ways. It's ok to be diverse except when it's not. It's ok to point out differences except when it's not. If pointing out there are no men in that picture makes me sexist, rather than observational im guilty. One doesn't to make a big deal about an issue and then when the old hypocrisy is pointed out, thats wrong. 

Edited by TaiidanTomcat
3 hours ago, 11bee said:

Sorry guys, was multitasking while watching another win by America’s team.    Didn’t mean to get anyone upset.   Let’s go back to talking about Star Wars.   

Kinda Trolls. Apologizes. Really trolls with Americas team

7M7Og_f-maxage-0.gif

Its a subtle art

My favorite part of this last star wars was when leigh and purple hair clasped hands and looked at each other and cried. And I thought "now this is star wars. They needed moments when women just looked at each other and cried for a while"

7 hours ago, 11bee said:

With regard white, are you saying the racial demographics of corporate leaders reflects America’s?

As of 2009 we live in a post racial America. thank you. 

Its a very interesting question in the context of hollywood. I'm told Hollywood is highly progressive, but that is certainly not reflected in its hiring practices or its work force. So not even the most progressive of progressives who preach progressiveness are playing along? Hmmm. Hollywood to say the least gets to "slip by" standard hiring practices that most everyone else is expected to conform to, whether its "who you know" , your bloodline, or as recent scandals have shown far far more insidious practices of getting and staying hired. Its clear the government needs to step in and "help" Hollywood practice what it preaches. Not being allowed to discriminate based on looks, gender, race, sexual preference (as in "no" means "no"), or age.  But I will say some of the finest acting I've seen lately has been from these strong empowered ladies pretending they had no idea how this beast was operating right under their pretty little noses. Thats shocking how clueless they were. It almost defies imagination. 

Its really really shocking. Shocking I say. These are people who are for taxes,  yet who film in Canada and mexico to escape taxes. People who talk about diversity but rigidly guard who is invited in, people who preach big regulation but seemingly have no government oversight, people who talk about wage gaps while actors paid tens of millions make more than every other person on the set combined. 

Edited by TaiidanTomcat
41 minutes ago, TaiidanTomcat said:

My favorite part of this last star wars was when leigh and purple hair clasped hands and looked at each other and cried. And I thought "now this is star wars. They needed moments when women just looked at each other and cried for a while"

ahahahahaha,  perfect now I need to cut my balls off

2 minutes ago, DarkKnight said:

I just remember thinking. "That could have just as easily been Fin and Poe. or even luke and yoda. Just clasping hands and having a good cry. "  And I was absolutely certain this was not a scene written by women for women. Thats crazy to even think such a thing. 

3 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

are you from england? your use of the word "mad" suggests it, if so englanders are so emasculated by their culture now its unlikely they can see clearly. Most people in England think everything is sexist/racist/somethingist  The writers sent a crap script to the director, he didnt do anything about it. a crapfest ensues, fans who love/are obsessed with this lose their minds, the millennial idiotic SJW philosophy is all over this abomination, I used to spend my time on boards complaining about how Lucas ruined my life with the prequels, well this is even worse....

Just now, DarkKnight said:

The writers sent a crap script to the director, he didnt do anything about it. a crapfest ensues, fans who love/are obsessed with this lose their minds, the millennial idiotic SJW philosophy is all over this abomination, I used to spend my time on boards complaining about how Lucas ruined my life with the prequels, well this is even worse....

That why the thing looks messy. I have no idea how much of it is corporate meddling or the director. 

7 hours ago, 11bee said:

Lol.   Easy there.  I think the agenda comments started a few posts before mine.   Plus, we all know women can’t make “consistent choices” to put career before family.    Besides,  who would cook us dinner if they did that? 

With regard white, are you saying the racial demographics of corporate leaders reflects America’s?  Not following you on this one.  

Hey 11bee

Its all good, dunno why i was feeling like getting on my soap box. 

Apologies

Gareth

Imagine this thread if Return of the Jedi was released in 2017:

So Jabba's just DEAD? After all the build up in the previous movies, and that's the payoff? So stupid.

Leia can't figure out that Darth Vader is her dad too? So dumb.

So Han and Lando are good ol' buddies again after Lando's betrayal in the last movies? Such terrible writing!

Luke would never attack his own father out of anger. They ruined Luke.

So Jabba, a person who enslaves females, gets killed by a woman? Such blatant SJW feminist propaganda!

This movie never addressed the Emperor's backstory, or even his actual name. What a ripoff.

So wait... Leia is Luke's sister?? It's like they're just making this stuff up as they go!

The Jabba's Palace scene was way too long.

Yoda just dies??? He deserved so much better.

So the Force can make you shoot lightning now? That's not cannon... leave the Force alone!

Another Death Star? This is just like the first movie!

Ewoks are the new minions.

Where did Leia get that other dress? Did the Ewoks give that to her?

This movie sucks so bad. Worst Star Wars ever!

2 hours ago, Raceaddict said:

Imagine this thread if Return of the Jedi was released in 2017:

I'd say half of those are people not comprehending the plots and the nuance therein. Star wars movies not being that complicated.

However I see your point. But we also don't have full on political campaign style releases:

May be some NSFW language, but I think there is something here^

Edited by TaiidanTomcat
17 hours ago, TaiidanTomcat said:

If observing that Disney is sexist for hiring women, including women in their production staff and creating more female characters to appeal to women in order to make more money on women is sexist, you got me friend. I'm sexist. Or is it Disney that's sexist for targeting the ladies? 

Disney:we need more women In star wars so women will like it!

Me: they're putting more women In star wars so women Will like it

You: that's sexist! Such testosterone

Political correctness is such a fun thing. Pointing out the lack of diversity in their "diversity?" That's sexist? 

It's a fun game full of paradoxes. It's almost like it's subjective and a power exercise. 

One doesn't get to have it both ways. It's ok to be diverse except when it's not. It's ok to point out differences except when it's not. If pointing out there are no men in that picture makes me sexist, rather than observational im guilty. One doesn't to make a big deal about an issue and then when the old hypocrisy is pointed out, thats wrong. 

??

What is your take on affirmative action? 

52 minutes ago, foxmulder_ms said:

??

Hollywood apparently needs some. They seem to have the most discriminatory hiring in the entire country. I'm not for it, but I'm a big fan of holding people to their own set standards. Hollywood has zero accountability and does not practice what it endlessly preaches about.

I'll try and explain it a little better. Its not about what is said, its about the implication of what is said:

ZfzA7wQ.gif

its not crazy to say that males like star wars more than females. So if Disney wants to attract more females to the movies they are going to have to make changes. I'm not saying whether those changes are good or bad, but me implying that there are going to be changes, means I must be implying they are inherently bad. Since I didn't use whatever positive code words are ok for this subject.

Which is how Disney can try and make Star Wars more obviously female friendly, even advertise that fact subtly or not so subtle== "The force is female!!" 

But if I say that same thing, That disney is trying to make star wars more female friendly, I am even though agreeing with them implying that is bad (somehow) and I am now sexist.  Because change is bad. Right?

Its not the emperor isn't wearing any clothes, its that the only the emperor is allowed to say he is not wearing any clothes. 

In that tale everyone played along with the kings delusion hes naked. commoners pretend he is not. In the 21st century everyone is allowed to notice, but only the pro naked types are allowed to talk about it and point it out and even celebrate it. Everyone who thinks the emperor should get dressed and quit fooling himself and his army of sycophants is now given an unpleasant moniker. Anti-monarchist, or monarchist-phobic?  but of course the issue isn't even with the king or the monarchy. Its that he isn't in clothes. 

This stuff happens so often that most people don't even notice it anymore. Disney just wants to make money! Well... yeah. But when I say it like that I'm implying Disney is greedy right? when really its just a statement of fact. Disney wants to make money. Thats an open fact. Its not something they hide. Disney wants to turn profits. Theres nothing wrong with that. Its how our system works, but what did I just imply? We have to go through this whole song dance though and pretend like disney is truly interested in getting star wars right, even if they take a loss? 

Disney wants to change star wars and make it more female friendly. If I am agreeing with them, why am I bad for pointing out exactly what they are saying. Its because I implied its bad. And not shouting from the roof tops that its great these days is the same as implying its bad. 

\20ff798676d885096e1096e59e57f4e4.jpg

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

i was alive when Return of the Jedi came out the theater was full, I saw it the first showing, it was great, everyone loved the speeder bikes and the redemption of Vader it was uplifting, the only complaints were those who claimed cute ewoks were used to sell toys

1 hour ago, foxmulder_ms said:

??

yes it is needed in Hollywood, I want to see lots of fat ugly people one tv, remake 50 shades of grey for women with a balding fat guy who farts a lot, maybe some fatties for next most sports illustrated swimsuit, oh yeah the females are trying that too, it aint working, i cut pics of the fatty out w/an xacto

4 minutes ago, DarkKnight said:

yes it is needed in Hollywood, I want to see lots of fat ugly people one tv, remake 50 shades of grey for women with a balding fat guy who farts a lot, maybe some fatties for next most sports illustrated swimsuit, oh yeah the females are trying that too, it aint working, i cut pics of the fatty out w/an xacto

seemingly no one ages in hollywood. men do. Ladies recycle back to early 20 somethings with new names. its movie magic!