The last trailer mad me very nervous. I feel like they are portraying Luke almost as a loser. He says there not 1 but 2 mega powerful force users out there. I am used defining Luke as the most powerful Jedi for more than 30 years. I am not ready for this. Hope they do not destroy Luke. Mark Hamil's interviews make me nervous he says Luke is nothing like he envisioned. 

let me guess...

Luke will be defeated by Kylo, just like Obi - Vader.

Rey revenges (sort of) Luke by taking Kylo out.

Leia and Han continue their story as ghosts en hook up with obi and luke.

Rey marries that other person and......finally Star Wars comes to an end.

Best character was and will ever be Darth vader.

Edited by cag_200

Well, the "Skywalker" saga ends with episode #9. So between #8 and the end of #9 Luke needs to move on somehow. Die, disappear... again (in which case someone needs to put a bell on him or something), transcend to another plain...who knows? But something will happen to Luke. Also, it will be interesting how they handle Leia since the passing of Carrie Fisher. Whatever they do I hope its tasteful and respectful. As far as the rest goes I am with "junkman3353", I will wait and see where the story takes us.

Regards.

I'm having grave doubts about the entire 7/8/9 saga. As soon as I heard Disney was buying SW, my immediate reaction and concern (and still is) is that they're just going to mass-produce SW films because they will sell. So far (other than R1 which I LOVED) that's all I've really seen evidence of. I have been a major fan since the original in '77 (I"m 46 now and have lived the entire thing), and am a member of the Rebel Legion, so I speak as a true fan. I detest on every level the idea of mass-producing stuff just because of the label.

Don't forget about the Rebels animated series on Disney Channel with rumors of a Rogue One off shoot or tie in animated series. My Son and I have watched it since season one and its very good! It draws on all of the Star Wars canon (new and old) and many popular characters make regular appearances (Vader and Anakin, Maul, Leia, Chewie, 3P0, R2, Thrawn, Obi-Wan,  Rex, Yoda, Ashoka, Bounty Hunters of all sorts, Tarkin, Emperor etc etc). Rogue One was awesome in my books and I didn't mind TFA. Don't forget too that since Disney took the helm we have seen an explosion of new and excellent model kits, toys, comic book series (I recommend the Vader series), books etc. Prior to Disney the SW brand was stagnant at best, dying a slow death at worst with those of us 40+ predominantly holding the candle. Now there's new and young blood and its exciting being a SW fan again!  So right now I am glad Disney is running the show. My wallet isn't though...LOL!

I agree that Rogue 1 was great. It is my favorite Star Wars movie ever. Yes, I said it! :)

I did not like force Awakens and now, I did not like Last Jedi trailer. I am really worried for my beloved Star Wars. 

I know this is a terrible thing to say but just hear me out. I think Kerry Fisher's lost might be a good thing for the story (I totally wished she was still alive I am just saying from story perspective). It is rumored that they were going to kill Luke in this movie and Leia was going to be predominant in 9. Now they do not have that option so Luke may be more predominant as he should have been as the most powerful Jedi. I just cannot accept the vibe I got from the trailer regarding Luke. 

On 10/13/2017 at 11:39 AM, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

I'm having grave doubts about the entire 7/8/9 saga. As soon as I heard Disney was buying SW, my immediate reaction and concern (and still is) is that they're just going to mass-produce SW films because they will sell. So far (other than R1 which I LOVED) that's all I've really seen evidence of. I have been a major fan since the original in '77 (I"m 46 now and have lived the entire thing), and am a member of the Rebel Legion, so I speak as a true fan. I detest on every level the idea of mass-producing stuff just because of the label.

I'm with ya, my friend  :thumbsup:

Edited by JackMan

I love Star Wars. I was seven when the original came out and was obsessed. No one had ever seen anything like it before, because there HADN'T been anything like it before. That's the reason we're all hooked. But let's all be honest with ourselves. ALL of the Star Wars movies (with maybe the exception of Rogue One and ESB) are filled with bad acting and cheesy dialogue. We love the original because it had such a huge effect on us. Watch it again critically with no nostalgic emotion, and it's not that great. Where Star Wars was ground-breaking back in the day, it is a B-rate movie now days compared to the Marvel series. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the new movies can't "spoil" the franchise because there's really nothing to be spoiled. The Force Awakens is no better or worse than A New Hope. Ask a seven or eight year old kid what they think about TFA and you'll get almost the same reaction we had as kids. What "spoils" it is our adult selves having some unrealistic expectation about what Star Wars is "supposed" to be, and when it doesn't meet those expectations, we get upset about it. Don't go down the dark path and be like Star Trek fans. :whistle:

The Star Wars video games and cartoon are better than the movies and I still enjoy them all. I also buy the ban dai and lego kits...because it's fun. My boys and I enjoy it and unlike other fantasy and super hero flicks/worlds which have catered to an adult crowd we can watch this as a family.

1 hour ago, Darren Roberts said:

I love Star Wars. I was seven when the original came out and was obsessed. No one had ever seen anything like it before, because there HADN'T been anything like it before. That's the reason we're all hooked. But let's all be honest with ourselves. ALL of the Star Wars movies (with maybe the exception of Rogue One and ESB) are filled with bad acting and cheesy dialogue. We love the original because it had such a huge effect on us. Watch it again critically with no nostalgic emotion, and it's not that great. Where Star Wars was ground-breaking back in the day, it is a B-rate movie now days compared to the Marvel series. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the new movies can't "spoil" the franchise because there's really nothing to be spoiled. The Force Awakens is no better or worse than A New Hope. Ask a seven or eight year old kid what they think about TFA and you'll get almost the same reaction we had as kids. What "spoils" it is our adult selves having some unrealistic expectation about what Star Wars is "supposed" to be, and when it doesn't meet those expectations, we get upset about it. Don't go down the dark path and be like Star Trek fans. :whistle:

This ^^^. My nine year old Son loves Rebels, TFA, Rogue One, the new toys, Lego sets, comics, and junior novels. He and his friends are totally pumped for Episode VIII. To us who remember seeing ANH, ESB, and ROTJ in the theatres it may be hard to accept that the franchise is moving on, moving forward, has new ideas, new stories, new interpretations, and building a whole new generation of probable life-long SW fans like ourselves. I am looking forward to Episode VIII and will reserve judgment until I see it once... or twice... or...:rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, fulcrum1 said:

The Star Wars video games and cartoon are better than the movies and I still enjoy them all. I also buy the ban dai and lego kits...because it's fun. My boys and I enjoy it and unlike other fantasy and super hero flicks/worlds which have catered to an adult crowd we can watch this as a family.

Same here on all points. My Son loves Battlefront and kicks my tail on a regular basis. I can handle HALO and COD but for some reason I just can't figure out SW Battlefront. Its humbling getting your butt handed to you by a 9 year old and his friends...:rolleyes:.

Regards,

Don

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by Don
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:39 PM, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:56 AM, RKic said:

With that two-bit shill JJ Abrams involved, I don't see it turning out well. 

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:13 PM, JackMan said:

I'm with ya, my friend  :thumbsup:

I'm in the same camp. We all should have known that as soon as Disney picked up the franchise, they were going to milk it like a healthy cow in a hungry kindergarten class. I also agree that Rogue One has been the best of the new series, in part because Abrams didn't get his hands directly on it. However, he is now in direct control of the final part of the series. And now, there is talk of an Obi-Wan Kanobi prequel after #9, but no news on who's running it.

I have to admit, there were some cool scenes in The Force Awakens (the tie fighters coming out of the sun & the X-wing fighters skimming over the lake), but it looks like he took part one, put it in the blender with some scenes of part two & part three, and cut it on slow speed.........it was more like "We've seen this s#!t before".

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 1:01 AM, GreyGhost said:

Disney isn't the problem, 

Kathleen Kennedy is ...

-Gregg

......and so is JJ Abrams and his crew.....

Disney spent more than 4billion to aquire Lucasfilm, did anyone think they weren't going to try to recoup that money spent?

Who says they're going to stick to just 9 Skywalker Saga episodes also?

They have thrown out large portions of the EU already to allow their vision of the SW universe plays out ... 

-Gregg

1 hour ago, GreyGhost said:

Disney spent more than 4billion to aquire Lucasfilm, did anyone think they weren't going to try to recoup that money spent?

Who says they're going to stick to just 9 Skywalker Saga episodes also?

They have thrown out large portions of the EU already to allow their vision of the SW universe plays out ... 

-Gregg

Couldn't agree more! Besides, Disney has brought about some very good things to jump start, breath new life into, and introduce new generations into what was a stagnant and fading SW universe under Lucas. The new novels, comics, Rebels series are all fantastic. As a collector of things SW, there have been some great items released since Disney took the helm. I personally liked TFA and Rogue One and there has been talk/rumors of a young Han Solo movie and Bounty Hunters/Boba Fett movie. How true are these rumors? Who knows. But I bet Disney will continue to  develop and expand  the SW universe over the years. Its exciting being a SW fan these last few years!

Regards,

Don

• madmike changed the title to The Last Jedi (Spoilers)