19 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

What's the internal core temperature of a tan-tan?

Wait for it.......

Luke warm. :rolleyes:

a6L37Bq_700b.jpg

:stooges:...never gets old LOL!

1 hour ago, DarkKnight said:

I dont have a problem with her surviving, but its kind of dumb, the one person who is really dead  they keep alive? they're  killing  everyone else?

I think they made the movie not realizing she would be dying soon.

Well if you believe the rumors swirling out there among SW fans...and that's all they are at this very early stage so take it as such...Episode IX will have Chewie dying in the Falcon. So, if they do write off Leia in IX and not have her survive somehow via computer graphics then that leaves only the droids left from Episode I (assuming they aren't on the Falcon when it and Chewie get lit up). Then again with this crew at the helm of Disney/Lucasfilm...

20161119-skywalkerranch8400-h_2016_thr.jpg

...they could kill off Chewie and leave the Falcon for the all female crew of Rey and Rose (or the female crew from the Ghostbusters flick) to use in future episodes.

And in other shocking news, Kathleen Kennedy is meeting with female director Reed Morano (...Handmaidens Tale...) about the possibility of her directing a future Star Wars film...

Its over fellas. Many folks thought JJ Abrams was going to kill SW as we knew it but with the crew ^^^ Kathleen Kennedy has amassed and continues to collect... they can handle it's demise with ease on their own...

2015-StarWars.jpg

As far as "realistic" sci-fi goes, Star Wars doesn't really cut it.  Not a deal breaker for me, it is what it is.  My votes for portraying realistic future technology go to the two Blade Runner movies (they are probably 180 degrees opposite the Star Wars approach).   Next two runner ups are Alien and Aliens.   The technology in those movies just seems much more believable.  

16 minutes ago, TaiidanTomcat said:

Such diversity!

Can't you see it? There's a couple of black ladies, a hispanic lady, old ladies, young ladies, curly-haired ladies, straight-haired ladies, brown-haired ladies, white-haired ladies, blond-haired ladies, short-haired ladies, and long-haired ladies. I'm sure if you delved into their personal lives, there would be married ladies, single ladies, straight ladies, and gay ladies. How diverse do you want it to be? Oh, you were looking for men. Didn't you know? This was the year of the women. Men are optional. 

Edited by Darren Roberts
33 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

Can't you see it? There's a couple of black ladies, a hispanic lady, old ladies, young ladies, curly-haired ladies, straight-haired ladies, brown-haired ladies, white-haired ladies, blond-haired ladies, short-haired ladies, and long-haired ladies. I'm sure if you delved into their personal lives, there would be married ladies, single ladies, straight ladies, and gay ladies. How diverse do you want it to be? Oh, you were looking for men. Didn't you know? This was the year of the women. Men are optional. 

Who will kill the bathroom spiders?

1 hour ago, TaiidanTomcat said:

Such diversity!

Oh indeed! I mean all the important Hollywood/Disney/Lucasfilm demographics have been included. Nope, nothing missing from Kathleen Kennedy's entourage at the moment and give it time and she'll even include the first female SW director. The Star Wars franchise is in steady hands folks...nothing to worry about.

34 minutes ago, TaiidanTomcat said:

Who will kill the bathroom spiders?

Well in the SW Universe Boba Fett of course...I mean we all thought Boba was a dude but not according to those at the helm of Disney/Lucasfilm and the new SW canon. Can't you see it...

boba_fett___female___final_rendition_by_bradygoldsmith-d8jkups.jpg

Although she won't be quite so slim in the movies because that's not cool. But her voice will still sound like Boba's :rolleyes:. And the action figures are ready for distribution...notice how we will eventually see Han's and Leia's little known daughter eventually inherit the Falcon... and no her name won't be Jaina Solo because that's the old SW canon and it sucks according to Disney...

female_boba_fett_and_han_solo_by_mousedroid_hoojib-d4vi0ue.jpg

Exciting times ahead:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

Oh, you were looking for men. Didn't you know? This was the year of the women. Men are optional. 

Shocking....  Let's all push businesses to hire more aging white guys to run things.   Those poor oppressed folks are notably missing from today's boardroom.   

Image result for excellent meme

1 hour ago, DarkKnight said:

^^ the problem is not lack of men, the problem is the clear bias these women have proven by how they have screwed up the movies

This ^^^ so much this ^^^.

3 hours ago, 11bee said:

Shocking....  Let's all push businesses to hire more aging white guys to run things.   Those poor oppressed folks are notably missing from today's boardroom.   

Pretty sure that given the population is half and half should be 50/50 male/female 100 percent women is going to get noticed. Seeing as star wars primary demographic is men too, maybe tilting toward the male if not a 50/50 balance. 

Surely if the writers of Cosmo were 100 percent male, there would be a lot said. Especially if Cosmo started putting out things that turned off the target demographic

3 hours ago, 11bee said:

Because Anything other than female, is aging white guy.

38 minutes ago, TaiidanTomcat said:

Because Anything other than female, is aging white guy.

I would argue that when it comes to CEO’s, the demographics are pretty much - old white guy.   If you want to make a case otherwise, I’m listening.   

If you want to make a case that the folks in charge should reflect the average Star Wars fan, that may open another can of worms entirely.  

Edited by 11bee

Old; they have been working a long time and have gotten to the top

White; not in Asia or Africa where the population demographics aren't the same

Guy; because they haven't made consistent choices that sacrifice their career's to other, equally important things, such as raising a family.

And I don't care who or what is in charge, just don't try to infuse your political agenda in what was supposed to be entertainment. 

Sorry ;mods, if my reply is too controversial please remove it. Thanks

9 minutes ago, dryguy said:

Old; they have been working a long time and have gotten to the top

White; not in Asia or Africa where the population demographics aren't the same

Guy; because they haven't made consistent choices that sacrifice their career's to other, equally important things, such as raising a family.

And I don't care who or what is in charge, just don't try to infuse your political agenda in what was supposed to be entertainment. 

Sorry ;mods, if my reply is too controversial please remove it. Thanks

Lol.   Easy there.  I think the agenda comments started a few posts before mine.   Plus, we all know women can’t make “consistent choices” to put career before family.    Besides,  who would cook us dinner if they did that? 

With regard white, are you saying the racial demographics of corporate leaders reflects America’s?  Not following you on this one.  

Just now, dryguy said:

...And I don't care who or what is in charge, just don't try to infuse your political agenda in what was supposed to be entertainment. 

+1000!!! This is Star Wars we're talking about. Believe it or not, Star Wars fans don't care who is in charge of Disney/Lucasfilm...man, woman, old, young, choose a color, creed, nationality...so long as they are knowledgeable and respect the story and its history (even though Disney completely ditched decades of preexisting canon). Kathleen Kennedy is on record as wanting to make SW more diverse. What...it wasn't before? That's what made SW so appealing to everyone (not just men) because we had strong, well developed characters of all sexes and colors, shapes and sizes. Clearly she knows nothing about six previous movies before TFA, hundreds of novels, comics, graphic novels, six seasons of The Clone Wars, four seasons of Rebels and other cartoons like Droids that are very diverse and inclusive. Oh wait...not diverse nor inclusive enough in her eyes so it needs to be "fixed" (or is it "justice" needs to be served in her eyes?). Meanwhile men, women, children of all ages, people of all colors, creeds, and nationalities...the very core of SW that were very happy with SW before Kathleen Kennedy took the helm...are turning away from the story. And if it were a man (enter color <HERE>) charting this same course as Kennedy the fans reactions would be the same (see Marvels comic sales issues). Star Wars was fine as it was. That's what fans are irritated about. It's a train wreck now and doomed to fail and fail quickly on its present course.

4 hours ago, 11bee said:

You're reading much more into it than what I intended. I was simply having some fun in regards to the picture. The only thing that should matter is if someone is qualified or not to do a job. There should be no quotas or "special circumstances" in hiring. I think hiring (and college acceptance and anything else that requires an application/interview process) should be done blindly. That way it's more about who's really qualified to get a job. In regards to Star Wars and Hollywood in general, the flavor of the month is having women in the forefront. Why else would Iron Man become a woman? There is a clear agenda. The good news is things come and go, and down the road Hollywood will latch onto something else that's the flavor of the month. Anyone remember the 70's and the ERA? the bottom line is that if men treated women with respect we probably wouldn't be having this discussion.

Edited by Darren Roberts
1 hour ago, 11bee said:

I would argue that when it comes to CEO’s, the demographics are pretty much - old white guy.   If you want to make a case otherwise, I’m listening.   

If you want to make a case that the folks in charge should reflect the average Star Wars fan, that may open another can of worms entirely.  

Point to the CEO in that picture

Leia in space was surprising but what really happens in space has never applied to Star Wars.   In the Empire Strikes Back Leia, Han and Chewie are inside a giant space slug on an asteroid.  They were wearing masks but we had no problem with a giant eel looking thing living in an asteroid or them walking around in its stomach in space.

Yoda and the Jedi tree made sense if you think back to A New Hope and Obi Wan telling Vader if he strikes him down he will become more powerful than he can possibly imagine.

i enjoyed the movie.  It was different and that was fine.  I am sure if you go into looking for SJW slant you can find it it.  That was not the impression I got from it but I went to it with no intention of looking for an agenda