The Han Solo movie is in post production now for release next year.

I'm not a big fan of TFA and I loathe JJ getting Ep9 but I'll still watch it ...

There is talk of an Obi Wan Kenobi stand alone movie coming some time after Ep9...

-Gregg

PS Really liked Rogue One

Edited by GreyGhost

TFA is also the very first SW movie I didn't bother to purchase for my collection. Wasn't overly crazy about 1 & 2 but I got'em anyway because I saw them as integral parts of the story. That ended with TFA. 

Enthusiastically got R1, though :D 

7 hours ago, Don said:

there has been talk/rumors of a young Han Solo movie and Bounty Hunters/Boba Fett movie. How true are these rumors? Who knows.

Regards,

Don

The Han Solo movie is currently in production, with Ron Howard as director (after several others dropped out of the project). The Mandalorian Bountyhunters (Boba Fett) movie is still planed for possible release in 2020.

If Disney does the Boba Fett/Bounty Hunters movie that will be awesome :thumbsup:!  One of my favorite characters. Glad to hear the young Han Solo has been picked up. Lots of good things to look forward to for the SW fans.

Regards,

Don

• 1 month later...

I've just watched the movie... Very mixed feelings. I have not guessed 95% of things. It is full of surprises. I have seen it in 2D and may see it in an IMAX theater later. A little bit too much action and comedy. I was expecting a much darker/tragic movie frankly. It has some moments where I was very satisfied but it had stuff which was boring and unnecessary too. Worth watching. Better than Force Awakens. 

Took family to see it last night.  Overall fun but I have lots of gripes too.  Going to hold off posting or discussing here at least until after the weekend.

What I would say is this:  NOT an ESB copy and lots of surprises.

Edited by toadwbg

I trooped with the Rebel Legion for opening night then saw it later that night.

HERESY ALERT: I actually fell asleep for about 15-20 min in it....I'm not kidding.

Ya know, I'm just torn. Some of it was so very well done, and some of it was just utterly stupid.

But the worst thing of all is, I'm feeling ZERO emotional connection to this new series (meaning 7 & 8, not R1). After being a lifelong megafan ever since the first one came out, I'm feeling absolutely NOTHING. I was actually checking my watch to see when it would end. Maybe it's a generational thing.

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy
3 hours ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

I trooped with the Rebel Legion for opening night then saw it later that night.

HERESY ALERT: I actually fell asleep for about 15-20 min in it....I'm not kidding.

Ya know, I'm just torn. Some of it was so very well done, and some of it was just utterly stupid.

But the worst thing of all is, I'm feeling ZERO emotional connection to this new series (meaning 7 & 8, not R1). After being a lifelong megafan ever since the first one came out, I'm feeling absolutely NOTHING. I was actually checking my watch to see when it would end. Maybe it's a generational thing.

I posted this in a previous thread about Star Wars, but I can't remember if it was on ARC or not, so I'll say it again. We will never again have that emotional connection to Star Wars like we did with the original series. When SW came out, no one had ever seen anything like it. But if you truly watch it with an objective view, it wasn't all that good. I bet if you ask any 7-10 year old what they think of the new trilogy, you will get the same answer you did from 7-10 year olds in 1977. The bottom line is we're not kids anymore and will never be able to capture that connection we had with Han, Luke, and Leia with Rey and Finn. Why was Rogue One so well received amongst original fans? Because it tapped into the connection with the original. When I look at the new stormtroopers, I have a "meh" reaction, because they aren't the original ones. When I was watching R1 and saw the original stormtroopers, it elicited a wave of nostalgia and I loved it. The sad truth is that the new movies are meant for a new generation of fans. Just as all the original characters are being killed off, the traditional fans are being killed off. Disney is looking to the future, not the past, and we're the past. I'm okay with that and will take the new trilogy for what it is, a liberal piece of garbage pushing feminism at the expense of the white male....oops, sorry.....didn't mean to go political. :taunt:

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:24 AM, junkman3353 said:

Well, he took the first shot, and missed.

Stormtroopers....... What they lack in accuracy, they make up for in massive amounts of expended ammunition.....

....and in honor of Disney's newly minted take-over of FOX studios......

star_trek_vs_star_wars_by_apollonui.jpg

I saw the movie for a second time, now, I officially hate it!

SPOILERRRRRs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) I think Disney really ruined Luke's character. Luke showed nothing but perseverance and determination during everything we have seen until this movie. He was a "true" Jedi refusing to fight to his father and Emperor and by doing so turning his father back to light. This is the essence of him. He would never for a second would even think to kill his nephew. Simply NO WAY. 

2) Lets assume for some reason Luke is done with "Jedi". I actually found this interesting. What I cannot understand is him giving up the "force". Force is the nature, it is what makes "you" and the whole universe. Luke was trying to understand more of the philosophy/the universe not turn his back to it.

3) I think writers for this movie was not able think something "clever" to bring back Luke from the "broken" self. What made him start to come back was the Princess Leia's message to Obiwan from R2. It was a simple trick which can affect the audience but an extremely weak one when you look at the big picture. It felt like R2 was wiser than Luke!!! Puked there. If you have to go with this idea, Luke's comeback should be when his dearest friend Han died. This way Han's dead would have meant something too. HUGE mistake.

4) Luke died alone for almost nothing. It broke my heart. Can you believe this is the end for Luke. I am extremely sad about this :( Side note, battle meditation was very common in extended universe. It was awesome to watch Luke doing it. In extended universe, I do not remember anyone dying because of exhaustion like Luke did.  Also I fail to see what his death brought to story. 

5) Whole Boyega story to Las Vegas was terrible. For the first time I got bored during a Star Wars movie.. I like the fact that some weapon sellers designed both First order tie fighters and x-wings though. That was nice. 

6) Po is the a HUUUUGE failure, reason for many deaths and still chosen as a leader??? WTF?

7) For a jedi or sith training is everything. IF Rey has no prior training, it is a travesty that she is a master level light saber user ! puke to that too. 

8) Missed opportunity: If Rey joined Kylo after he killed Snook and they were challenged by Luke in next movie that would have been PERFECTION! Alas morons @ Lucas/Disney missed it. 

Somethings I liked,

Rey and Kylo fighting together was great. I love the scene where Rey throw the light saber which was caught by Kylo and instantly turned on to kill the guard by an "eye-shut". hahahaha that was satisfying.  

P.s. I still think Rey's parent will be *special*. I think Kylo was lying.

• madmike changed the title to The Last Jedi (Spoilers)
23 minutes ago, foxmulder_ms said:

I saw the movie for a second time, now, I officially hate it!

SPOILERRRRRs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) I think Disney really ruined Luke's character. Luke showed nothing but perseverance and determination during everything we have seen until this movie. He was a "true" Jedi refusing to fight to his father and Emperor and by doing so turning his father back to light. This is the essence of him. He would never for a second would even think to kill his nephew. Simply NO WAY. 

2) Lets assume for some reason Luke is done with "Jedi". I actually found this interesting. What I cannot understand is him giving up the "force". Force is the nature, it is what makes "you" and the whole universe. Luke was trying to understand more of the philosophy/the universe not turn his back to it.

3) I think writers for this movie was not able think something "clever" to bring back Luke from the "broken" self. What made him start to come back was the Princess Leia's message to Obiwan from R2. It was a simple trick which can affect the audience but an extremely weak one when you look at the big picture. It felt like R2 was wiser than Luke!!! Puked there. If you have to go with this idea, Luke's comeback should be when his dearest friend Han died. This way Han's dead would have meant something too. HUGE mistake.

4) Luke died alone for almost nothing. It broke my heart. Can you believe this is the end for Luke. I am extremely sad about this :( Side note, battle meditation was very common in extended universe. It was awesome to watch Luke doing it. In extended universe, I do not remember anyone dying because of exhaustion like Luke did.  Also I fail to see what his death brought to story. 

5) Whole Boyega story to Las Vegas was terrible. For the first time I got bored during a Star Wars movie.. I like the fact that some weapon sellers designed both First order tie fighters and x-wings though. That was nice. 

6) Po is the a HUUUUGE failure, reason for many deaths and still chosen as a leader??? WTF?

7) For a jedi or sith training is everything. IF Rey has no prior training, it is a travesty that she is a master level light saber user ! puke to that too. 

8) Missed opportunity: If Rey joined Kylo after he killed Snook and they were challenged by Luke in next movie that would have been PERFECTION! Alas morons @ Lucas/Disney missed it. 

Somethings I liked,

Rey and Kylo fighting together was great. I love the scene where Rey throw the light saber which was caught by Kylo and instantly turned on to kill the guard by an "eye-shut". hahahaha that was satisfying.  

P.s. I still think Rey's parent will be *special*. I think Kylo was lying.

And did you hate the Leia/bridge destruction scene as bad as I did? That's the moment they completely lost me forever, the "Leia Mary Poppins" scene. After that I was checking my watch repeatedly ready to leave.

Well, Leia using the force is smt I wanted to see but the execution was extremely poor. She looked like a Marvel superhero so yeah, not a star wars moment. Also, from a technical point of view I think the scene was really bad. It looked like she was moved by ropes from one side to another hahaha. 

21 hours ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

That might've been an improvement, actually, even with Admiral Ackbar there. Glad I'm not the only one who thought it was utterly stupid. 

Its a TRAP!

SPOILERS:   I thought Laura Dern as Vice-Admiral Hildo was AWFUL!   We had zero investment in that character and she seemed put there just for "Girl Power".  She did not look like a military officer but a politician.  The whole mutiny subplot with her was weak sauce.   Much superior would have been to have Admiral Ackbar kamakazi the Raddus into the enemy, we as an audience have a history and connection with him.   I actually would have cared if Ackbar died this way instead of the blown out bridge scene which was focused on General Leia.  Moreso that he is piloting the Raddus (named for another Mon Calamarian).    Honestly I wonder if this was the original plot and than Executives said  "This film needs more strong female roles, shoe-horn this one in". 

The film already had 2 strong female Roles:  Leia and Rey.  It didn't need 1 more shoe-horned in.   I didn't care for Rose much either (actress or script) but at least she had some value to the story.   I could go on and on about her too but will save it for another day.

On 12/16/2017 at 12:04 PM, Darren Roberts said:

the new trilogy for what it is, a liberal piece of garbage pushing feminism at the expense of the white male....

:thatfunny: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...Exactly!

I dunno, I liked it but it had some questionable things as already mentioned.

I finally got to see it last night. I didn't really like it. As a movie it was fine but as a STAR WARS movie it failed. It just didn't have the feel the others did. Way to much humor and was at least 20 min to long. I don't know what they have planned for VIIII but they need to step it up. They upset a lot of fans with this pile of Bantha fodder.