1/48 RF-4 Phantom. Which Kit Is "Good"?

On 12/10/2017 at 11:07 PM, F4DPhantomII said:

The last 10-12 RF-4B's were built with the later wings.You would need to watch your serial numbers and markings.

Only the last ten RF-4Bs had the F-4J (bulged) wings - all in the 1573xx BuNo range as Don mentioned.

Jens

• 4 years later...

I have both Hasagawa RF-4C & E kits and the Testor’s RF-4B/C with plans for all 3.  If you want to build an interesting conversion, get the Isracast F-4E(S) conversion (IC48063, Hannants has it in stock) & a Zoukei Mura Early F-4E, if you can find it.  You’ll have an RF-4 with a 66” focal length lens that could resolve a 10” object at 20 miles.  There’s an interesting history on how these airplanes came to be modified.

4 hours ago, Nick Sr said:

I have both Hasagawa RF-4C & E kits and the Testor’s RF-4B/C with plans for all 3.  If you want to build an interesting conversion, get the Isracast F-4E(S) conversion (IC48063, Hannants has it in stock) & a Zoukei Mura Early F-4E, if you can find it.  You’ll have an RF-4 with a 66” focal length lens that could resolve a 10” object at 20 miles.  There’s an interesting history on how these airplanes came to be modified.

And I have an old Aerophile magazine with a 10-12 page article on the Israeli RF-4E(S). Be happy to provide info. K/r, Dutch

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

And I have an old Aerophile magazine with a 10-12 page article on the Israeli RF-4E(S). Be happy to provide info. K/r, Dutch

I would appreciate a copy, Dutch.  You can email it to me.  nicksr1125@gmail.com.  

I think there’s a pretty extensive thread on here about the HIAC Phantom(s)…

edit: search the forums for “HIAC” and/or “PEACE JACK” and you will find the links. 

Edited by habu2