I`ll be the first one to admit i`m still peeking around the ebays every now and then. Here are some of my favourite search words.

# Maquette 1:72 (+ auction + worldwide) 

# Airplane/aircraft 1:72

# With 1:72

# Extra 1:72

# Other 1:72

# Peekabo 1:72 (some times it helps just entering some gibberish and see what comes up, lol)

# Resin 1:72

Anything i forgot ?

When I search on ebay I try to catch as wide a net as possible so I search in the category

toys and hobbies > models and kits>

because you never know if someone might make a mistake and put something in the wrong category. 

For months my favorite search term was  rf-4c but I finally got one. 

Does anyone else like to search on ebay just for fun to see what is out there? Sometimes I do. It is kind of like a game and I like to see  how the prices what models I am interested in are trending.  There are other fun things to search for,  like "pro built" and it is very interesting to see the difference in what "pro built" means to different people. 

Something that really bugs me is having to enter USA + a valid US zip code to "unlock" the listings of some US ebay sellers. Having to log on to specific sites like ebay.de or uk to be able to view the complete listing for those sellers is really uncalled for. Should be more than sufficient just using ebay.com. Doesn`t even help ticking the "worldwide" box. So be aware of this one guys ! 

Oh i don`t know Kurt, in excess of 30K hits in toys and hobbies just for the auction bit is not something i would consider browsing through. Not that much time on my hands or inclination to do that i`m afraid. That`s why i try to stick to specific searchwords to really help narrow down my hits. This is the first time i tried this approach so it`s interesting to see how things look from this perspective because it`s not the same. 

I agree the term pro built certainly covers a lot of ground. Who knows what the consensus is on that theorethical terminology. 90% of the time it`s a basic build to say the least. But hey, nothing beats "junkyard 1:72" Have a good one folks !   

The # is not something i actually type in, it`s just for making a #so you can read one thing at a time.

6 hours ago, breadneck said:

The # is not something i actually type in, it`s just for making a #so you can read one thing at a time  

There is a list function embedded in the forum syntax, the two icons just to the left of the smileyface emoticon icon when you reply to a post. It lets you:

1. do
  2. things
  3. like
  4. this

or

• do
  • things
  • this
Edited by habu2