AMT or Italeri B-52H Decals

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some decals. I'm willing to trade or buy. Gonna post this in Buy-Sell also. But I need the decals for the AMT/Italeri 72nd B-52H. Mine are old and just break up when dipped in water. Can anybody help?

Thanks!
Paul

hi paul.

if your original old decals haven't already disintegrated totally, you can shoot the sheet with microscale "liquid decal film" diluted with isopropyl alcohol or even domestic alcohol, as you would if it was a normal paint.

several coats of decal film have saved many old or at any rate damaged decals for me.

the result is so fantastic that i apply the film by default on any decal sheet whose provenance or age aren't clear to me like when you buy on e-bay or so.

shoot with an airbrush just as you would do with a model, letting dry each coat. but it dries quickly.

if you prefer, you can also use a handbrush, a soft and large enough one. the stuff -to a certain extent- is self leveling almost like future.

clean air/handbrush with water if wet, or -better-  with alcohol.

hope this helps, and even if your decals are completely wasted, i believe this is an info you'll find useful in the future.

best ciaos, and...happy modeling!

bobo.

paul, you're lucky. just a click afar you got decals for all the b-52 in the fleet. particularily cutting edge decals and warbird decals have really a lot of stuff, tech stencils included.

go to: https://www.google.it/search?q=1/72+b-52+h+decals&dcr=0&tbm=isch&source=iu&pf=m&ictx=1&fir=1fX56OiP_nk76M%3A%2CaYb2NTIjrL8ALM%2C_&usg=__VFz78wy9gwvDUZdRuhA3fVYoi9I%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiyhqHWwe3WAhWKXRQKHcJ1CWYQ9QEIKTAA#imgrc=AkNxIVGb60bIvM:

bobo.

Thanks Bobo for the tip! I'll try it. But I need to be a little more specific. I need the ALCM stencils from the AMT/Italeri kit. No other BUFF decal sheets have these stencils.

I'll try the tech tip...but I would also like to have a backup sheet in case I screw something up. LOL...

Paul

happy to help a bit...

i have seen sets of b-52 decals dedicated to tech stencils. maybe among the many there are also the alcm's.

as for fracking up a decal sheet i take a caution: by default before i start a project, i scan at hi resolution (600 dpi can be enough) the decal sheet and i save as .jpg.

from that file there are some people who are capable to reprint the sheet; i had it done a couple of times.

i would give you the names, but unfortunately one gave up this activity and the other one is a pro decals maker and lately was too busy to do this job just for me.

nevertheless, just in case, i believe that on this forum you can find someone willing and ready to do it...:rolleyes:

back to the damaged amt/italeri decals: are you sure that the alcm decals are among the marred ones?

because if you didn't dip them in water already, you can almost surely salvage  them with the microscale liquid!

i apologize to tell you such an obvious thing, but if you spray the film, you will have to cut the contours of the decals that went under a new film. right?

that's all folks...

best ciaos and good luck. bobo.