Hi all,

New retooled Kfir will be released this month.

Just taking orders from distributors now.

This has NOT distracted from the Tomcat release. Please don’t worry about that.

We retooled the fuselage to replicate the coke-bottle shape and some other parts too.

New weapons and decals added. The old kit is no longer available.

22228159_870490479782447_2711165215268526137_n.jpg

22228340_870490399782455_8602465220344400330_n.jpg

21 hours ago, Sabre Freak said:

How different are the new fuselage parts?
Any chance the retooled fuselage parts will be available separately?

Hi, I don’t think so. The differences are only really small but there nonetheless. You would have to know what you’re looking for to really such that much of a difference but I will show you when I get the plastic myself.

We were told the fuselage was slightly wrong so we changed it.

20 hours ago, DonSS3 said:

Wow, I hadn't heard that there were any issues with the original release. Good on you!

Will the new kit use a different box from the original so we'll know which is which?

The box lid and decals are totally different. The old box is no longer available to shops for purchase and is ended at our factory. If you have one, it will be a collectors item one day :) 

I have 5 lol.

19 hours ago, Helmsman said:

The new box photo is in the second message of this topic. 

Martin, any plans to add Israeli option to Fouga? 

Not really. There are aftermarkets sized to AMK.

15 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

kind of a dumb question, and it never occurred to me prior. I noticed the way you (AMK) machined the spru for the weapons systems. Looks like a guy could paint them just setting on a table top (or wherever). A true work aid for us old guys.

gary

Hi Gary, yes. I have problems with my hands so this was an idea we came up with to help painting and to protect the parts in transit.

Like in the new Kfir kit, the fins on top get slightly damaged due to the crammed box but we added extra to cover those. The top weapons in the stack protect the lower ones perfectly.

19399776_816331865198309_8455335371654682975_n.jpg

19225610_816331955198300_1896039409307895770_n.jpg

where's my F100D??????

I told you many moons ago to market the weapons sets separately for guys who bought other kits. Fine example would be your new F100D with some parts from other kits, or better yet taking weapons for this kit or that kit and use them on another Tomcat.

glt

• 3 weeks later...

Great news! Who please sells your kite in Europe? Or even Germany? :-)

And thanks a lot for correcting the fuselage. I do not know anthing about Kfirs (yet) but the general attitude of accepting a glitch and even better fixing it is outstanding! Will buy a new Kfir even if it is just for that matter!

thanks

Uwe

Edited by anj4de
  • 1 month later...

Hi

So the new Kfir was released...they say. So far only Sprue Brothers in the US list it as being available! Has anybody seen or even touched it yet? No European shop so far has it...:-(

cheers

Uwe

I ordered one from Sprue Brothers and it arrive a couple weeks back. Beautiful kit, great packaging and so far the fit is spot on. I have other Kfir kits and this one is the only one I plan to build.

Martin,

from the sprue layout it out it looks pretty clear that you plan on doing the F-21 version. Any word on when I might be be able to add this one to my work bench?

Cliff

2 hours ago, anj4de said:

Can you post some pics of the plastic, please?

thanks

Uwe

i'll see what I can do but since the demise of Photo Bucket, I haven't switched to a new provider and not able to post.  IM me with any any specific requests and perhaps I can get them to you quicker via email.

cliff